Minstrel Banjo

For enthusiasts of early banjo

Uncategorized (1,699)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

The Banjo Gathering 2018

Is anyone else here going to BRISTOL VA for this next week?

Started by M'lou Brubaker

0 Oct 28, 2018

October is GOURD BANJO MONTH ! Show the love!

I just decided. Because October is the month of Halloween and pumpkins and squash and old hollow/hallow things, even the O in October is ro…

Started by Strumelia

91 Oct 28, 2018
Reply by M'lou Brubaker

Beware

I received a message via the Minstrel Banjo comment wall from Kay Mivedo and/or Thomas Kossi - neither are Minstrel Banjo members.  The mes…

Started by Steve Stroot

6 Oct 19, 2018
Reply by Paul Draper

Halp! What is a trill?

I can read the description on Wikipedia and hear them played on my Twiss USB drive but I can't wrap my noodle around it. Currently trying t…

Started by Chris Prieto

4 Oct 18, 2018
Reply by Tom Berghan

New to old style playing

Hi all, just finished my first handmade banjo, made for reenacting as a civil war soldier. So now that I have the banjo I want to learn to…

Started by Ryan Carlson

2 Sep 23, 2018
Reply by Strumelia

Minstrel banjo project

Hey everyone, Thought Id post some pics of the banjo I finished today and get some feedback. I had made a small plywood banjo before this o…

Started by Ryan Carlson

1 Sep 23, 2018
Reply by Tom Taggart

Briggs death bed photo

I am having a hard time remembering if there is actually a photo of Briggs in the death bed with Eph next to him or if I made that up entir…

Started by Chris Prieto

0 Sep 19, 2018

Converse Thumb Lead

Since The Convergence, I have jumped into the yellow Converse. I'm struggling with the thumb lead. I've stopped trying to cheat the walk ar…

Started by Rob Mohr

4 Sep 18, 2018
Reply by Rob Mohr

Hurricane Florence

How are Mark and Jaclyn and them holding up with this weather?? I hope everyone is safe and minimal damage done...i get the periphery winds…

Started by Rob Mohr

2 Sep 16, 2018
Reply by Scott Danneker

Ashborn style banjo build

I've built a rim with a wood flange for tension hooks along the lines of James Ashborn designs.  It's loosely based on Frank Ford's photos…

Started by Jon Whitney

0 Sep 13, 2018

RSS

About

John Masciale created this Ning Network.

© 2024   Created by John Masciale.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service