Minstrel Banjo

For enthusiasts of early banjo

All Discussions Tagged 'Banjo' (10)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Ladies Banjos

I'm researching Ladies Banjos for a display.  So far, I've determined that a "Ladies Banjo" has short scale or neck length, generally has a…

Started by Mark Ralston

1 May 25, 2016
Reply by Brian Kimerer

An opportunity to help the NPS preserve one of most important historical banjo sites!

http://www.newsadvance.com/news/local/appomattox-foundation-carries-a-fundraising-tune-for-historic-cabin-linked/article_b384e82e-7fb5-5bf3

Started by D. Wooldridge

2 Feb 16, 2016
Reply by Rob Morrison

E. M. Hall's New Banjo Method

Marc Smith kindly sent me some more music to scan and much to my delight included this book. E. M. Hall was a true Minstrel Banjoist.  He g…

Started by Joel Hooks

9 Jul 27, 2015
Reply by Trapdoor2

Any Ashborn experts out there?

Reaching out to any Ashborn banjo experts. I am getting ready to make the wooden tesioning ring for my Ashborn replica and am unclear about…

Started by Brian Glass

3 Jun 30, 2014
Reply by Brian Glass

SuperTone SilverBell

Just installed my first banjo Goat Skin head on Sear Super tone banjo rim fitted with a Terry Bell Banjo neck...  Very beautiful Cherry che…

Started by Jeff

2 Aug 30, 2013
Reply by Strumelia

Learning to read sheet notation music and or Minstrel music

I would like to first thank Tim Twiss and other who posting all the music.  But the one thing I find lacking is how to read the sheet music…

Started by Jeff

8 Apr 20, 2013
Reply by Tim Twiss

She is getting close

Well getting very close to finishing up my Bell Banjo... Took a minute today to mock her up... 

Started by Jeff

3 Mar 30, 2013
Reply by Valerie Diaz Leroy

Road trip to Bell Banjo

Made a road trip to the Bell Banjo factory Friday...  to pick up my Bell banjo kit, cannot wait to get working on it. But I have to wait a…

Started by Jeff

0 Mar 16, 2013

Banjo Camp North

Anyone else here attend banjo Camp North in Massachusetts besides me?  On the registration form, there's a place where you select what kind…

Started by Craig

2 Feb 27, 2013
Reply by Michael Holmes

Banjo in a day? Yes, we're out of our gourd.....

Ladies and Gentlemen,   Just wanted to drop a brief note and some pictures of our (Terry Bell and myself) gourd banjo build yesterday.  Aft…

Started by Adam Cripps

12 Mar 28, 2012
Reply by Paul Certo

RSS

About

John Masciale created this Ning Network.

© 2024   Created by John Masciale.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service