Minstrel Banjo

For enthusiasts of early banjo

This is directed mainly at Marc Smith, but also anybody else that owns a copy of the Converse Analytical. I have a copy from the LOC, but it differs from the one I posted in the Clubhouse, which came from Marc Smith. The copy I have has less pages...at least 20 or so. I think it is due to not having the "diagrams" section. It is at the printers being bound right now, so I'll look closer when it comes back. Does anybody else have an original?  

Views: 63

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Now, if you make fun of me, you just might not get to see it. It is for "Prepared Banjo".
Was Converse related to John Cage?

RE: Different Editions of  Converse Analytical.

Just to complicate things further- There is a listing in the Gordon catalog 1897 that describes a copy that "also contains 167 brilliant pieces together with pieces for two banjos."  Where are 'dem duetts?

I rather like the chord diagrams, and I'm glad you left them in Marc.  

As far as better copies, It would be nice to get a clean copy of the cut of FBC in the frontispiece.

What we really need is a copy of "The banjo made easy: a quick road to proficiency : a simplified, practical and thorough guide" by Converse.

Ah Joel, I didn't know you were into "simple methods"... ;-)

The frontspiece on mine is a pretty crappy print. It might be just a smidge better with a colour digital pic...but it's a pigs ear, y'know.

Well, there is a mystery. I wonder if that will ever surface? Perhaps he combined with another publication to make that one?

Joel Hooks said:

RE: Different Editions of  Converse Analytical.

Just to complicate things further- There is a listing in the Gordon catalog 1897 that describes a copy that "also contains 167 brilliant pieces together with pieces for two banjos."  Where are 'dem duetts?

I rather like the chord diagrams, and I'm glad you left them in Marc.  

As far as better copies, It would be nice to get a clean copy of the cut of FBC in the frontispiece.

What we really need is a copy of "The banjo made easy: a quick road to proficiency : a simplified, practical and thorough guide" by Converse.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

About

John Masciale created this Ning Network.

© 2024   Created by John Masciale.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service