Minstrel Banjo

For enthusiasts of early banjo

Joel Hooks's Discussions (420)

Discussions Replied To (391) Replies Latest Activity

"Hi Tim, this looks great!  Good Job!!! How much work would there be in transposing i…"

Joel Hooks replied on Friday to Yellow Converse in Sane Notation

3 on Saturday
Reply by Timothy Twiss

"Hi M'lou,  Congratulations on taking the plunge to do it right. Do a search here, on…"

Joel Hooks replied Jun 26 to Reading musical notation for the various Tutor books

37 on Sunday
Reply by M'lou Brubaker

"Could it be that part of your tuning problems are with the strings?  Violins were gu…"

Joel Hooks replied Jun 21 to Violin tuning

34 Jun 21
Reply by Chris Prieto

"You are welcome Paul!  Check out starting on page 64 there are a bunch of Frank Conv…"

Joel Hooks replied Jun 11 to Tutor for the Banjo Selected Arranged and Composed by Otto Langey

4 Jun 12
Reply by Timothy Twiss

"We had a "Baur" themed American Banjo Fraternity Rally some rallies back.  We discov…"

Joel Hooks replied Jun 5 to The Banjoist's Budget

6 Jun 7
Reply by Chris Prieto

"MFA has some regular style. http://www.mfa.org/collections/musical-instruments/tour/…"

Joel Hooks replied Apr 3 to Original Bones?

6 Apr 3
Reply by Strumelia

" Here is the page... http://collection.yale.edu/instruments/percussion/ "

Joel Hooks replied Apr 3 to Original Bones?

6 Apr 3
Reply by Strumelia

"I've got a neck he made for a rim I had (the rim was from a Flesher kit banjo, I lov…"

Joel Hooks replied Feb 8 to Terry Bell

8 Feb 14
Reply by david caron

"Here is some recordings of a concert from 1990.  Clarke's "Under The Double Eagle" p…"

Joel Hooks replied Jan 30 to Another Concert featuring Clarke Buehling with the Skirtlifters

5 Jan 30
Reply by Wes Merchant

"Nope, not the third string-- a "false string" is one that is uneven in thickness and…"

Joel Hooks replied Oct 29, 2017 to Citizen Scientist

22 Nov 8, 2017
Reply by A.N. Chase

RSS

© 2018   Created by John Masciale.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service