Minstrel Banjo

For enthusiasts of early banjo

Andy Chase's Discussions (143)

Discussions Replied To (122) Replies Latest Activity

"Steven, the thing that 'Briggs' (dGDF#A), 'Rice' (eAEG#B) and 'C' (gCGBD) tuning all…"

Andy Chase replied Aug 3 to Briggs' to A/E notation

20 Aug 4
Reply by Trapdoor2

"I've gotten more comfortable with C notation than anything over the last couple year…"

Andy Chase replied Jul 25 to Briggs' to A/E notation

20 Aug 4
Reply by Trapdoor2

"Keeping the real deal on hand is what's given me pause; I've got several 'tubs' but…"

Andy Chase replied Jul 25 to How does one keep their instrument in shape during the humid months?!?

17 Jul 26
Reply by Tom Berghan

"Thanks so much for doing and sharing this, Tim - that's a ton of work! I have idly t…"

Andy Chase replied Jul 25 to Briggs' to A/E notation

20 Aug 4
Reply by Trapdoor2

"Yes, I remember everyone taking turns in drying their banjo heads out over an incand…"

Andy Chase replied Jul 25 to How does one keep their instrument in shape during the humid months?!?

17 Jul 26
Reply by Tom Berghan

"Guitar-style tunes are definitely easier to play and generally speaking sound better…"

Andy Chase replied Nov 8, 2017 to Citizen Scientist

22 Nov 8, 2017
Reply by Andy Chase

"I tend to agree with what Chris said; also, if you have to change your nut and strin…"

Andy Chase replied Oct 9, 2017 to easing into Minstrel banjo

15 Oct 14, 2017
Reply by Rob Mohr

"I believe that Jake Wynn, who replaced George Wunderlich as the director at the Nati…"

Andy Chase replied Jun 21, 2017 to AEBG

6 Jun 26, 2017
Reply by Paul Certo

"I confess I'm lazy about consistently using my Hooks thimble (I'm not always playing…"

Andy Chase replied Feb 13, 2017 to Thimble Musings

20 Feb 17, 2017
Reply by Strumelia

"Also from Briggs, Circus Jig:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jJGLeGA34T0"

Andy Chase replied Dec 12, 2016 to Any other really FUN songs to play like Buckley's Boston Jig?

3 Dec 16, 2016
Reply by Chris Prieto

RSS

© 2018   Created by John Masciale.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service