Minstrel Banjo

For enthusiasts of early banjo

Uncategorized (1,731)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Tune of the Week Oct 28th

Say, let's jump into the Analytical for one of Converse's originals "The Modoc Reel". Hear the DNA of past Stroke pieces. I'll put up a few…

Started by Timothy Twiss

13 Nov 2, 2019
Reply by Timothy Twiss

Help picking Nylgut Strings

Hi folks, I am currently building my first banjo, a minstrel banjo of course! I think it's coming along nicely, and thanks to Terry Bell fo…

Started by Jason Stamper

5 Oct 29, 2019
Reply by Timothy Twiss

The early banjo in North Alabama...

I've been thinking about this line of investigation for years...but haven't had a chance to hit the local library until now (since I'm offi…

Started by Trapdoor2

4 Oct 29, 2019
Reply by Trapdoor2

Tune of the Week

It sure is quiet here. Does anybody want to do something like a Tune Of The Week again?

Started by Timothy Twiss

52 Oct 24, 2019
Reply by Chris Prieto

Anyone want to learn something via Skype? Our geographic distance is a hindrance. I want to start doing this. I'll do a few for free as i w…

Started by Timothy Twiss

1 Oct 16, 2019
Reply by Timothy Twiss

Fretting over fretless

I play standard clawhammer banjo but I'm interested in exploring the roots of banjo - ie: minstrel banjo.  But, the thought of a fretless,…

Started by Steve Stroot

21 Sep 19, 2019
Reply by John Masciale

Minstrel Banjo for sale

FOR SALE: Made by Jeff Kangas from Detroit. Maple neck and pot are stained dark with aqua fortis and have been given a hand rubbed oil fini…

Started by Timothy Twiss

3 Sep 17, 2019
Reply by Paul Draper

Real gut strings?

I seek advice for locating a suitable vendor of real gut strings.  Many thanks in advance.

Started by Scott Danneker

47 Sep 16, 2019
Reply by Michael Cypret

Early Banjo Resources

I am posting this for the benefit of the many new members we have, as well as an update to older ones. I have a book "Early Banjo" which i…

Started by Timothy Twiss

0 Sep 6, 2019

Another year

Fellow members, I have paid out $239 to continue this forum for another year.  I would appreciate some financial assistance from our member…

Started by John Masciale

15 Sep 4, 2019
Reply by John Masciale

RSS

About

John Masciale created this Ning Network.

© 2020   Created by John Masciale.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service