Minstrel Banjo

For enthusiasts of early banjo

Uncategorized (1,637)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Coffin Case

I'd been wanting a coffin case for my Noel Booth fretless for a long time. But didn't like the 'generic' fit of those you can buy from the…

Started by Champion of North Huron

2 Jan 14
Reply by Paul Draper

Lilly Dale - Tablature?

Hi, I've been watching "OldCremona"'s version of Lilly Dale. I quite enjoy it. He mentions that it is in the Briggs Banjo Instructor. I di…

Started by david caron

0 Jan 14

seeking comments on primitive fretless

I'd appreciate some comments on an old banjo that I bought on eBay.  It's a small, primitive, hand-made fretless and I'm trying to estimate…

Started by Mark Ralston

8 Jan 11
Reply by John Masciale

Ole Virginy Break Down

Click Link:  Ole Virginy Break Down  My version of an old war horse.  Very much influenced by performances of Mark Weems and Joe Ayers.  Im…

Started by Tom Berghan

4 Jan 3
Reply by Tom Berghan

Happy New Year...

...everyone!   I've been away for awhile and am looking forward to getting back to picking again.  I have been distracted by many things si…

Started by Scott Danneker

3 Jan 3
Reply by Strumelia

Minstrel lyrics archive

Sometime ago I came across a website with a large collection of lyrics for minstrel music, but I've somehow lost the bookmark.  Anyone know…

Started by Rick Hadley

2 Dec 21, 2017
Reply by Rob Kunkel

Racial Minefield

A good article, with input from several respected contemporary musicians: The Music i Love is a Racial Minefield

Started by Strumelia

0 Dec 21, 2017

De Ole Jaw Bone - need the piano sheet music

Hi Friends, I would like a copy of the piano sheet music for the song "De Ole Jaw Bone."  This is the cover - I need the rest of the pages.…

Started by Tom Berghan

21 Dec 21, 2017
Reply by Tom Berghan

Young Collins and Morris Dance Tunes

Have any Morris Dance tunes made their way into minstrel era tunes? They are old and english so I figure it's prime for the pickin. I recen…

Started by Chris Prieto

5 Dec 17, 2017
Reply by Strumelia

Terry Bell

Does anybody know how to get in touch with Terry Bell? I have tried calling him and e-mailing him and cannot reach him.

Started by Mark Bransford

7 Dec 3, 2017
Reply by Mark Bransford

© 2018   Created by John Masciale.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service