Minstrel Banjo

For enthusiasts of early banjo

Uncategorized (1,661)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

7-string neck widths

If there are members here who own 7-string banjos I'm interested to poll on the range of neck widths, measured both at the rim end of the f…

Started by Mike Bostock

2 Apr 24
Reply by Mike Bostock

NPR interview with Rhiannon Giddens 2018

Good stuff... https://www.npr.org/2018/04/22/604356508/how-rhiannon-giddens-reconstructs-black-pain-with-the-banjo

Started by Strumelia

1 Apr 23
Reply by Timothy Twiss

Chord chart for Minstrel banjo tuning

Anyone have a chord chart for Minstrel banjo tuning. I haven't seen one. Thanks!

Started by Richard Katz

7 Apr 21
Reply by Rob Kunkel

What was the common size and tapering of the tuning peg holes in the 19th century.

I am going to be making and authentic replica of a 19th century banjo and I have been looking for the common size and tapering of the tunin…

Started by Brice Alms

10 Apr 14
Reply by Brian Kimerer

Who here plays concertina?

If you play concertina, then I have some questions for you.  I do not play, but I am considering getting one.  There are numerous configura…

Started by Tom Berghan

15 Apr 7
Reply by Jim Robertson

Original Bones?

I have been thinking, since there are original banjos, violins, and tambourines, where are the original bones. does anyone know if there ar…

Started by Brice Alms

6 Apr 3
Reply by Strumelia

Kentucky juba in tab?

Does anyone know if there's tablature for Kentucky Juba (Frank B Converse : The Banjo And How To Play It(1872)).

Started by Brice Alms

0 Mar 22

October is GOURD BANJO MONTH ! Show the love!

I just decided. Because October is the month of Halloween and pumpkins and squash and old hollow/hallow things, even the O in October is ro…

Started by Strumelia

73 Mar 11
Reply by Jeff Menzies

Instructional Videos

There was a discussion that came and went mentioning the usefulness of instructional videos. Here is a link to my site, where i have them a…

Started by Timothy Twiss

2 Mar 2
Reply by Rob Mohr

I'm embarrassed to admit that I found a whole bunch of messages that I never knew I had. Therefore, I apologize to all those whom I never r…

Started by Al Smitley

3 Mar 1
Reply by Strumelia

RSS

© 2018   Created by John Masciale.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service