Minstrel Banjo

For enthusiasts of early banjo

Uncategorized (1,557)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Do you need a hard shell case for your gourd banjo?

I needed a hardshell case for my gourd banjo.  As I was drawing up the design for building my own homemade case and adding up the cost for…

Started by Tom Berghan

0 Jan 27

Alan Jabbour

I know many of you have heard of the recent death of Alan Jabbour he had been scheduled to do a workshop around here a couple of weeks ago,…

Started by Wes Merchant

2 Jan 17
Reply by Paul Draper

Rice Vs Briggs?

It's easy to see Rice's arrangements as being idiosyncratic by nature, because they sometimes differ radically from what Briggs or Converse…

Started by Mark Weems

30 Jan 17
Reply by Manfred Kilian

Tuning for Anthony Street Reel

So it would appear I am going to have to learn Anthony Street Reel in standard notation as opposed to tablature (a 1st for me, since I can'…

Started by Rick Cicciarelli

20 Jan 4
Reply by Eric Womersley

Compensated bridges

RE: The history of bridges. About what year do we see compensated banjo bridges appear? Anyone know?

Started by Tom Berghan

4 Jan 3
Reply by Scott Danneker

Happy holidays

I  wish you all happy holidays! As a newbie to minstrel banjo, I learned a lot reading in the forums. Best regards and thank you!

Started by Manfred Kilian

1 Dec 25, 2016
Reply by Strumelia

Any other really FUN songs to play like Buckley's Boston Jig?

So I'm working my way through several other these tunes (Brigg's Jig, Cotton Pod Walk Around, Bee Gum Jig), and they are fun and all, but B…

3 Dec 16, 2016
Reply by Chris Prieto

Playing the B part of Circus Jig

Just curious about the technique for playing the B part of Circus Jig.  Are those measures played as a slow, single finger brush down the s…

5 Dec 16, 2016
Reply by Chris Prieto

Early Banjo Traditions

http://www.earlybanjotraditions.com/ A great place to find Early Banjo Cd's, Books, or Lessons!

Started by Mark Weems

3 Dec 12, 2016
Reply by Paul Ely Smith

Proper spectacles!

So some time ago Tim mentioned he ground down some old lenses and put em in a pair of period frames. So I attempted to do the same. I cut t…

Started by Chris Prieto

5 Dec 11, 2016
Reply by Chris Prieto

RSS

© 2017   Created by John Masciale.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service