Minstrel Banjo

For enthusiasts of early banjo

Uncategorized (1,562)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Southern soldier notation?

Hello everyone , I wanted to know if a partition of "southern soldier" was published for the Minstrel Banjo?

Started by anthony Derycke

0 Feb 13

La Patrie Guitar, model "Motif"

Any one here have experience with these? I have not actually seen one yet in the flesh yet, but they are a "parlor guitar" loosely based on…

Started by Tom Berghan

0 Feb 11

Which are the Easiest Tunes in Briggs?

Hi All, I am new new to minstrel banjo, having gotten having gotten a Bell Boucher Banjo, and Wiedlichs version of Briggs book a few weeks…

Started by Richard Taglieri

4 Feb 4
Reply by Richard Taglieri

Converse thumb style?

I have been working on a couple of Converse tunes, ‘Cane Bake Reel and ‘Original Essence of Old Virginny’ and have noticed the extensive us…

Started by Scott Danneker

3 Jan 29
Reply by Brian Kimerer

Visiting the US

Greetings from the UK I will be going to Gatlinburg for 10 days at the beginning of September 2017. Please could someone tell me if there…

Started by Eric Womersley

4 Jan 29
Reply by Eric Womersley

Do you need a hard shell case for your gourd banjo?

I needed a hardshell case for my gourd banjo.  As I was drawing up the design for building my own homemade case and adding up the cost for…

Started by Tom Berghan

0 Jan 27

Alan Jabbour

I know many of you have heard of the recent death of Alan Jabbour he had been scheduled to do a workshop around here a couple of weeks ago,…

Started by Wes Merchant

2 Jan 17
Reply by Paul Draper

Rice Vs Briggs?

It's easy to see Rice's arrangements as being idiosyncratic by nature, because they sometimes differ radically from what Briggs or Converse…

Started by Mark Weems

30 Jan 17
Reply by Manfred Kilian

Tuning for Anthony Street Reel

So it would appear I am going to have to learn Anthony Street Reel in standard notation as opposed to tablature (a 1st for me, since I can'…

Started by Rick Cicciarelli

20 Jan 4
Reply by Eric Womersley

Compensated bridges

RE: The history of bridges. About what year do we see compensated banjo bridges appear? Anyone know?

Started by Tom Berghan

4 Jan 3
Reply by Scott Danneker

RSS

© 2017   Created by John Masciale.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service