Minstrel Banjo

For enthusiasts of early banjo

Uncategorized (1,612)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Please "Like" my facebook "Fan Page"

Dear Minstrel Banjo Friends, Many of you know me, and if you do, you know that I play all sorts of banjos . . . modern and old, wire string…

Started by Tom Berghan

0 Oct 13

Gut 4th string

I thought it was a good idea but it is a pita. Impossible to tune since it's so fat even the slightest twist of the peg send it's sharp or…

Started by Chris Prieto

17 Oct 9
Reply by Strumelia

easing into Minstrel banjo

Planning on ordering an open back with a duel setup.  That is two bridges and two nuts to allow switching between steel and some type of m…

Started by John Vincent

0 Oct 7

easing into Minstrel banjo

Planning on ordering an open back with a duel setup.  That is two bridges and two nuts to allow switching between steel and some type of m…

Started by John Vincent

0 Oct 7

Welcome

Let's welcome the new tribe of folks to join us. I believe there is a vast array of topics you want to cover...so do not be shy about askin…

Started by Timothy Twiss

8 Oct 4
Reply by Chris Prieto

Date of my flush fret?

Hi, does anyone have any idea as to when this was made? I bought it in South London, England. The only markings on it are N°8 written in pe…

Started by IAN SALTER

0 Sep 27

Scenes from the 2017 Joel Sweeney & the Banjo festival/ Sweeney Convergence!

Follow the link to Appomattox Court House NHP's FB page: https://goo.gl/7wS7BC

Started by D. Wooldridge

5 Sep 14
Reply by Strumelia

PETER TUMLINSON BELL

Has anyone listened to the recordings made in 1941, of Texas fiddler P. T. Bell? He was born in 1869 and learned fiddle from his Father, wh…

Started by IAN SALTER

1 Sep 13
Reply by IAN SALTER

Bell Banjos Out Of Business

Is Terry Bell still in business? I've made NUMEROUS attempts to contact him, but I can not seem to reach him? Is he alright? Can anyone h…

Started by William Johnson

0 Sep 9

BRIGG'S LEFT THUMB.

Hello to everyone.  On page 8 of Briggs', the last sentence in the instructions for The Left Hand states that 'The thumb is sometime used t…

Started by IAN SALTER

9 Sep 9
Reply by IAN SALTER

RSS

© 2017   Created by John Masciale.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service