Minstrel Banjo

For enthusiasts of early banjo

Uncategorized (1,675)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

I this was interesting

https://www.washingtonpost.com/podcasts/retropod/the-oldest-surviving-banjo-recording/

Started by Wes Merchant

3 Jul 14
Reply by Chris Prieto

20th C Tim

I'm reluctant to post this as I don't know if Tim will be upset with me but...... for those of you who know 19th C Tim, I thought it might…

Started by Al Smitley

2 Jul 14
Reply by Chris Prieto

Yellow Converse in Sane Notation

Okay, I got the whole book up now.  It is here: http://www.timtwiss.com/free-print-downloads

Started by Timothy Twiss

3 Jul 13
Reply by Timothy Twiss

Where to get a jawbone?

If I have to shell out $85 for animal remains, I will, but are there any places to get them cheap?

Started by Matthew Menice

2 Jul 2
Reply by John Masciale

A Question

Since I have joined this community, I have been curious as to what drawn all of you swell folks to this uniquely American genre of music. W…

Started by Matthew Menice

11 Jun 26
Reply by Mike Bostock

Fun fact...

So it's been a few years and my wife very much impervious to the charms of this 19th century music. She will on occassion maybe hum boatman…

Started by Chris Prieto

1 Jun 22
Reply by Matthew Menice

Violin tuning

I have picked up a cheapie violin and was curious how the fiddle players here generally tune the violin. I'm overwhelmed by the amount of i…

Started by Chris Prieto

34 Jun 21
Reply by Chris Prieto

Ed Hulse anyone?

Here's a tune from the pen of Ed Hulse, published in Dobson's "The National Banjo Method" in 1886. IIRC, the composer was a well known mins…

Started by Trapdoor2

1 Jun 14
Reply by Trapdoor2

Tutor for the Banjo Selected Arranged and Composed by Otto Langey

I posted this on the classic banjo site but thought it might also be of interest to people here. I got a "new" A notation "Tutor" recently…

Started by Joel Hooks

4 Jun 12
Reply by Timothy Twiss

Elegant Plunk

So (toot toot) I recorded a new CD. It is called "Elegant Plunk" and contains 16 original compositions written in the style of the mid 19th…

Started by Timothy Twiss

18 Jun 8
Reply by Trapdoor2

RSS

© 2018   Created by John Masciale.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service