Minstrel Banjo

For enthusiasts of early banjo

Uncategorized (1,605)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Bracket Wrench for Square Drive Nuts

I asked Noel Booth to use square nuts on the fretless he built for me, to give it that mid-19th century look. But then I needed a proper br…

Started by Champion of North Huron

1 Aug 30
Reply by Chris Prieto

2017 Banjo Gathering: November 2-5, 2017

Dear Friends,Since 1998, the Banjo Gathering (formerly the Banjo Collectors Gathering) has been the platform for sharing new scholarship an…

Started by Greg Adams

0 Aug 29

Oklahoma City's American Banjo Museum names collector James Bollman as Jack Canine Award recipient

See article linked here http://newsok.com/article/5561519

Started by Paul Draper

1 Aug 26
Reply by Paul Draper

String recommendation

Carbon Fiber Nylon: You really ought to try it! My two favorite materials are real gut, and carbon fiber nylon. Here is a source for you: h…

Started by Tom Berghan

10 Aug 24
Reply by Chris Prieto

Converse Banjo Bridges Now Available.

Pardon my blatant marketing but I thought folks here might like to know that I am now selling period correct Frank Converse bridges on my w…

Started by Joel Hooks

3 Aug 21
Reply by Tom Berghan

Prolly a silly question about singing with your banjo

Pardon my ignorance...I have lately been trying to sing while playing. I have a fairly deep voice. I was always told it would be good for r…

Started by Chris Prieto

0 Aug 19

Finale tags

I think I've asked once previously about the somewhat comical end tag, "Shave and a haircut, two bits".  I don't recall getting an answer. …

Started by Al Smitley

1 Aug 18
Reply by Al Smitley

Helpful tip - side dot markers

Here is a non-invasive, not-permanent way to add attractive & professional looking side dots to any neck. They can Really help when (or…

Started by Tom Berghan

0 Aug 4

Early Banjo Etudes-Video Tutorials

All the early books claim to be "tutorials" but they lack any sense of logical progression. You get a lot of theory, and them the book leap…

Started by Timothy Twiss

2 Aug 1
Reply by Timothy Twiss

Baltimore Whig Convention Quick Step

I got this tune (1840), from the Levy website.  A decent tune but I'm confused. The 1839/40 Whig Convention was in Harrisburg, PA.  The Dem…

Started by Al Smitley

2 Jul 26
Reply by Al Smitley

RSS

© 2017   Created by John Masciale.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service