Minstrel Banjo

For enthusiasts of early banjo

Uncategorized (1,698)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Banjo and Christmas

I normally play keyboards on Sunday mornings at church, along with a couple of guitarists, a drummer, and a bass player. Elaine has been jo…

Started by John Masciale

3 Dec 21, 2008
Reply by Trapdoor2

Stand or Sit?

In a performance, do you stand or sit? I have been sitting for a long time, even bringing my own stool to every job. Recently, I have begun…

Started by Tim Twiss

11 Dec 17, 2008
Reply by Kyle (Cuffie) Pretzl

"Minstrel" bridges.

The history, or appropriate period accuracy, of these has been something I have tried to track down off and on. I often see them referenc…

Started by Joel Hooks

5 Dec 13, 2008
Reply by David Swarens

Re-intro

Howdy Everyone, I need a new place to lurk since everyone left the Tom Brigs site. Cheers, ~John aka Tackhead

Started by John Flynn

1 Dec 12, 2008
Reply by Rick Hadley

Quality Review

This is a fortunate time to be involved with this type of music, and I am speaking of the makers of the instruments we play. Although there…

Started by Tim Twiss

11 Dec 11, 2008
Reply by Trapdoor2

Lyrics

Hey Guys! I'm trying to find the lyrics to Old Dan Tucker and all I can seem to find on the internet are the most modern versions. Does an…

Started by Al

8 Dec 8, 2008
Reply by Brian Welch

Bull

This is "Bull upon the Battery" Jig composed by Z. Bacchus and is in the Manuscript Collection of Dan Emmett. The music is taken from the H…

Started by Tim Twiss

10 Dec 3, 2008
Reply by John Masciale

Confederates w/ Banjos

What would be the circumstances that a Confederate private would have a banjo in camp? What do you would believe would be some of his favor…

Started by Zeke D

2 Nov 26, 2008
Reply by Zeke D

Gigs and Presentations

I did a local Historical Society gig this week. I started with a Civil War tune and went backwards....the tunes went in groups. First a Fos…

Started by Tim Twiss

4 Nov 22, 2008
Reply by Tim Twiss

Online Resources for Minstrel and other early banjo

Just to get this started... No particular order--just some that I find useful and interesting: Tim Twiss' Banjo Clubhouse: http://www.mil

Started by Jim Dalton

1 Nov 17, 2008
Reply by Dan'l

RSS

About

John Masciale created this Ning Network.

© 2024   Created by John Masciale.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service