Minstrel Banjo

For enthusiasts of early banjo

Uncategorized (1,572)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Would You Become a Banjoist?

Would You Become a Banjoist ? Written for The Cadenza. By Frank B. Converse, New York City. Then you must work. The person who imagines…

Started by Carl Anderton

1 Jan 1, 2009
Reply by Dan'l

Jeff Menzies Gourd Banjo Making Workshop at the Ozark Folk Center

I will be teaching a week long gourd banjo making class at the Ozark Folk Center in Mountain View, Arkansas from March 15th-20th. The works…

Started by Jeff Menzies

0 Dec 29, 2008

Concert announcement

Hi All, Here is info on a concert I will be performing in with my wife and partner, Maggi. In addition to banjo, I'll be playing guitar,…

Started by Jim Dalton

9 Dec 26, 2008
Reply by Jim Dalton

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year

I wish all of you a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year. I wish I could leave a banjo under your tree. Instead, attached is a small arrang…

Started by John Masciale

3 Dec 24, 2008
Reply by Dan'l

Banjo and Christmas

I normally play keyboards on Sunday mornings at church, along with a couple of guitarists, a drummer, and a bass player. Elaine has been jo…

Started by John Masciale

3 Dec 21, 2008
Reply by Trapdoor2

Stand or Sit?

In a performance, do you stand or sit? I have been sitting for a long time, even bringing my own stool to every job. Recently, I have begun…

Started by Tim Twiss

11 Dec 17, 2008
Reply by Kyle (Cuffie) Pretzl

"Minstrel" bridges.

The history, or appropriate period accuracy, of these has been something I have tried to track down off and on. I often see them referenc…

Started by Joel Hooks

5 Dec 13, 2008
Reply by David Swarens

Re-intro

Howdy Everyone, I need a new place to lurk since everyone left the Tom Brigs site. Cheers, ~John aka Tackhead

Started by John Flynn

1 Dec 12, 2008
Reply by Rick Hadley

Quality Review

This is a fortunate time to be involved with this type of music, and I am speaking of the makers of the instruments we play. Although there…

Started by Tim Twiss

11 Dec 11, 2008
Reply by Trapdoor2

Lyrics

Hey Guys! I'm trying to find the lyrics to Old Dan Tucker and all I can seem to find on the internet are the most modern versions. Does an…

Started by Al

8 Dec 8, 2008
Reply by Brian Welch

RSS

© 2017   Created by John Masciale.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service