Minstrel Banjo

For enthusiasts of early banjo

Uncategorized (1,699)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Ning Pricing

This should maybe discussed here as well as on the CB site:   http://about.ning.com/announcement/plans.php     

Started by Rob MacKillop

26 May 12, 2010
Reply by John Masciale

The First Gospel

I've had my head in the Briggs' book. I'll be sweeping the corners of it this weekend, trying to play all the ones I've skipped. There's a…

Started by Tim Twiss

2 May 9, 2010
Reply by Rob MacKillop

Hello, newbie from UK

Just a quick post to introduce myself, UK minstrel, ragtime, hokum, folk and blues guitar and banjo picker. I have just purchased my first…

Started by Karl Merrick

1 May 6, 2010
Reply by John Masciale

Converse Analytical

My sister saw the words "Converse Analytical" and said she'd always thought that was some kind of high-end  running shoe. I've got to stop…

Started by Ian Bell

2 May 3, 2010
Reply by Tim Twiss

New guy Hello

Just saying hello. New here. Really wanting to learn Minstrel banjo. Ive been doing the music deal for a while,, and re enacting in a group…

Started by Steve Jeter

2 Apr 29, 2010
Reply by Dan'l

Stephen Foster Symposium

For any of you folks in the Pittsburgh area: http://www.pitt.edu/~amerimus/symposium.htm

Started by Greg Adams

0 Apr 18, 2010

Banjo Roots Research: Statement-of-Purpose

Hello everyone,   I am writing to share a statement-of-purpose I co-wrote with Brooklyn-based researcher and banjo historian, Shlomo Pestc…

Started by Greg Adams

5 Apr 16, 2010
Reply by razyn

Newbie Seeks Restoration Advice

Hello all... This is my very first post, so let me introduce myself. I am a guitar / mandolin player and also a part-time antique dealer. O…

Started by Paul

2 Apr 16, 2010
Reply by Dave Culgan

What you workin' on?

I have been sidetracked with the always surprising and variety-filled Buckley Book of 1860. Thank God there are several Tutors...it serves…

Started by Tim Twiss

8 Apr 6, 2010
Reply by Ian Bell

Learning Black Banjo Syncopation Using Minstrel Banjo Materials

I have just posted, as a blog under the title of this discussion thread, a piece originally prepared for the Black Banjo then & Now lis…

Started by Bob Winans

5 Apr 4, 2010
Reply by Dan'l

RSS

About

John Masciale created this Ning Network.

© 2024   Created by John Masciale.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service