Minstrel Banjo

For enthusiasts of early banjo

Uncategorized (1,699)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Tune history and "just history" in Salem MA

Hi All,Sorry that I've been so scarce lately--not sorry for you but for myself... I've been pretty busy with teaching, performing and writ…

Started by Jim Dalton

2 Jun 4, 2010
Reply by Ian Bell

The Grape Vine Twiss

Because the Blog entries are not noted on the Latest Acivity box on the Main page, I've decided to post to the Forum instead as I would lik…

Started by Rob MacKillop

4 Jun 3, 2010
Reply by Dan'l

Minstrel Banjo as folk music.

As a folk/blues player of guitar for many years I got into minstrelsy and banjo because of early Hokum blues/medicine show and jug band mu…

Started by Karl Merrick

19 Jun 3, 2010
Reply by razyn

I need a ride!!!

O.K., it's crunch time.  I need a ride from the airport in Baltimore.  I have not bought a ticket yet in hopes to plan around someone's sch…

Started by Joel Hooks

4 May 29, 2010
Reply by Greg Adams

The Rest of Rice

Having played and recorded all the instrumental songs in Briggs', I looked at Rice, and decided to finish the few that I had not done for w…

Started by Tim Twiss

0 May 29, 2010

EBG III!

I have discussed this with my Pry House educator and we are a go! The dates will be August 27, 28 and 29 at the Pry House on the Antietam B…

Started by George Wunderlich

12 May 27, 2010
Reply by Ian Bell

Harpers Ferry Early Banjo Workshop Weekend--May 22-23, 2010

Dear Friends, Tim Twiss and I have been given the opportunity to co-organize an early banjo workshop event for the National Park Service at…

Started by Greg Adams

10 May 26, 2010
Reply by razyn

Tabbing Converse

Tabbing Converse is very likely a waste of time - as I've just found out. It took me an hour to do one short piece, Modoc Reel, and trying…

Started by Rob MacKillop

22 May 25, 2010
Reply by Rob MacKillop

Songs Of The Old Plantation CD

Check out CDR 35 http://www.musichallcds.com/paypal_uk_buy_cds_online.htm   Rob

Started by Rob MacKillop

2 May 21, 2010
Reply by Ian Bell

Converse 1872

I went into the 1872 book by Frank Converse (The Banjo and How To Play It"  tonight and found a few more I had not done. This book is a com…

Started by Tim Twiss

2 May 15, 2010
Reply by Tim Twiss

RSS

About

John Masciale created this Ning Network.

© 2024   Created by John Masciale.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service