Minstrel Banjo

For enthusiasts of early banjo

Uncategorized (1,698)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

EBG3

Well if we are serious about EBG3, then I would opt for first trying to see if Antietem is a possibility. I have to admit that the idea of…

Started by John Masciale

11 Jan 4, 2010
Reply by Carl Anderton

Must plays.

Cuffie and I played at a retirement home this evening. They enjoyed it very much, but we had a few requests that we couldn't fill, and it g…

Started by Carl Anderton

14 Jan 3, 2010
Reply by halisha thomas howell

Put it on your TAB

For those of you at various stages of pursuing Minstrel Banjo, I am curious to ask what type of things are most useful to you in learning?…

Started by Tim Twiss

32 Jan 2, 2010
Reply by Tim Twiss

A few new tunes.

I'm putting up a few new tunes. They're from all over the Minstrel Map, including one from the "fresh new book" from 1863..."The Old Cremon…

Started by Tim Twiss

3 Dec 30, 2009
Reply by Tim Twiss

Prust Banjo -- Recommendation & Evaluation

I'm thinking about getting my first banjo, and I'd like to get the basic tackhead from Eric Prust in Washington state. What are your experi…

Started by Lynn S Kessler

2 Dec 29, 2009
Reply by Corey Owen

Jeff Menzies 2010 Gourd & Tackhead banjo making workshops! Arkansas and New York Locations

In 2010 I will be offering two gourd & tackhead banjo making workshops! Arkansas and New York Locations. These are one week intensive…

Started by Jeff Menzies

0 Dec 17, 2009

Looocus

Man, did you kiss that turtle and get some divine power? You GO man. Sounding great. GET THIS MAN SOME GUT! Sounds wonderful anyway. FANTAS…

Started by Tim Twiss

7 Dec 10, 2009
Reply by Carl Anderton

Gentlemen

"A gentleman is someone who can play the banjo, but who choses not to" Discuss.

Started by Morgan Sabnis Etches

7 Dec 10, 2009
Reply by Brian Welch

Minstrel Banjos in England

I've just recently discovered early banjo style although I've been playing clawhammer for a couple of years now. I'm particularly intereste…

Started by Morgan Sabnis Etches

3 Dec 8, 2009
Reply by Dan'l

Rock Susanna.

Has anyone ever seen sheet music with the melody of this tune, "Rock Susanna"? It's a really interesting little ditty and I'm dying to hear…

Started by Carl Anderton

2 Dec 3, 2009
Reply by Carl Anderton

RSS

About

John Masciale created this Ning Network.

© 2024   Created by John Masciale.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service