Minstrel Banjo

For enthusiasts of early banjo

Although I am pro-notation, I am not anti-tab. I thought a discussion for tabs might be fun and useful. It was the only way I made any sense of this music when I started. I have lots of tab ready to go, so let's post some here...or John, maybe there could be a spot to place a library. Here is a raw, unfingered version of Land Of Canaan. I watched my tube of it from last year, and thought best not to post it. It sounds okay, but my hand is pretty funky...snapping and bending at the joint a lot. I spent a long time correcting some of those habits. I'm sure if we put up our own fingerings, we would get a lot of different views.

Views: 49

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Yes, it is the 7-5 pulloff on the 1st string. Converse's tuning is eAEG#B so if you just count frets (B,C,C#,D,D#,E,F,F#), you can work it out. In the original m9, this pull-off is shown as the number 3 with a 'smile' under it...indicating you use your 3rd finger to pull the string (while the first makes the barre @ the 5th fret).

The "double-stops" I would just hit on the down-stroke. They're on adjacent strings so it is a natural movement...and I would try to let the bass note ring undamped.
According to the people at Ning, there will be a way we can track files and attachments come this August.

John Masciale said:
I've sent a request to the ning people about this. I could create a special forum category of scores that we could attach files to, but this would be awkward

Tim Twiss said:
John, perhaps there is a solution?
Hey Marc, there is a "must have" fingering in M 9 M11 M13 ...pull the F# to the E.
Also, might want to key it in A....with respect to Converse. (it makes no difference to the TAB, but it is in A).

Reply to Discussion

RSS

About

John Masciale created this Ning Network.

© 2024   Created by John Masciale.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service