Minstrel Banjo

For enthusiasts of early banjo

Silas Tackitt's Discussions (62)

Discussions Replied To (54) Replies Latest Activity

"I'll be at Pickett's Mill the weekend after Memorial Day.  Haven't decided if I'll b…"

Silas Tackitt replied Mar 21, 2014 to Is anyone going to a reenactment this year?

8 Mar 21, 2014
Reply by Dan'l

"Hey, now.  Leave my fellow colonel, Harlan Sanders, out of this.  "

Silas Tackitt replied Jun 9, 2013 to snowman overload

1 Jun 9, 2013
Reply by Silas Tackitt

"Ephraim's Lament is in the category of songs which were so popular, there are many v…"

Silas Tackitt replied May 20, 2013 to Ephriam's Lament

2 May 20, 2013
Reply by Tim Twiss

"I own two.  One is known as "my old friend."  The one Terry made doesn't have a name…"

Silas Tackitt replied Sep 13, 2012 to What's her name?

5 Sep 13, 2012
Reply by Strumelia

"I was singing Dandy Jim rather loudly last weekend at a CW reenactment when it was p…"

Silas Tackitt replied Sep 5, 2012 to AP article about modern interest in early minstrelsy and Civil War era music

23 Sep 19, 2012
Reply by David Dishneau

"Below is the preface to a songster I published online and made available through my…"

Silas Tackitt replied Sep 4, 2012 to AP article about modern interest in early minstrelsy and Civil War era music

23 Sep 19, 2012
Reply by David Dishneau

"I've spent time with wagons in the field for days at a time.  I don't agree at all. …"

Silas Tackitt replied Aug 30, 2012 to Opinions from CW Reenactors on "On-the-March" Banjo Weather Protection

29 Aug 31, 2012
Reply by Dan'l

"I see there's a copy at the Yale University library.  Might be the only one in exist…"

Silas Tackitt replied Aug 1, 2012 to "Negro Songsters Own Book"?

4 Aug 1, 2012
Reply by Silas Tackitt

"I don't know about that songbook, but I did find this on Levy.  Is this the one you…"

Silas Tackitt replied Jul 31, 2012 to "Negro Songsters Own Book"?

4 Aug 1, 2012
Reply by Silas Tackitt

"That's Troy Groves' site.  There's been a discussion between Carl and Troy on the Au…"

Silas Tackitt replied Jul 26, 2012 to The Days of Forty-Nine.

11 Sep 3, 2012
Reply by Andy Alexis

RSS

About

John Masciale created this Ning Network.

© 2024   Created by John Masciale.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service