Minstrel Banjo

For enthusiasts of early banjo

Uncategorized (1,698)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Blackface & Minstrel Shows

I haven't yet seen this but thought I'd pass it along.  It also airs at 4 am on Sunday.

Started by Al Smitley

9 Mar 17, 2020
Reply by Rob Mohr

Boucher

I've just spend considerable time looking for a likeness of William Boucher as well as an advertisement or any other visual regarding his e…

Started by Al Smitley

4 Mar 10, 2020
Reply by Al Smitley

New Banjo

Here is Sagwa, my latest build, all ready to play during my upcoming Historical Notes programs. Some of the features include an inlaid Indi…

Started by Mark Bridge

3 Feb 18, 2020
Reply by Michael Cypret

Head case

Any suggestion as to how to repair this?

Started by Al Smitley

4 Feb 13, 2020
Reply by Al Smitley

Been gone awhile...

Hello all, I happened to see the Gathering Event in my email and got me fired up to get involved again. I'll dust off my tackhead, find my…

Started by Tom Fuller

0 Feb 11, 2020

Paintings/illustrations of pre-Sweeny banjos

Seems like I've seen paintings or illustrations of pre-Sweeny banjos, especially similar to the 4-stringer Mark Weems often plays.  Doing a…

Started by Al Smitley

0 Feb 6, 2020

Banjo Gathering

Well, it has taken some doing, but I am thrilled to announce a banjo gathering this year!  Here is a link to the event!https://www.renfrewm

Started by John Masciale

3 Feb 5, 2020
Reply by Elaine Masciale

Help with site

Ooops!  I didn't intend all the members to be sidelined by my discussion with Mark Weems about pre-Sweeney banjos.  I thought I was sending…

Started by Al Smitley

7 Feb 3, 2020
Reply by Timothy Twiss

History of the banjo presentation

I have been recruited to present a "History of the Banjo" presentation for a local historical society.  What credible sources might be sugg…

Started by Al Smitley

4 Jan 24, 2020
Reply by Tony Thomas

Kick off the New Year TotW...

Unless someone has a different tune they prefer, how about kicking off the new year with Don't You Hear De Bulgine?? To me, it appears dec…

Started by Rob Mohr

5 Jan 3, 2020
Reply by Michael Cypret

RSS

About

John Masciale created this Ning Network.

© 2024   Created by John Masciale.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service