Minstrel Banjo

For enthusiasts of early banjo

Uncategorized (1,559)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

What songs were you taught in Kindergarten/grade school?

Saw a few posts on this subject and I thought it'd be a good discussion thread. What songs were you taught when you were very little- in nu…

Started by Strumelia

11 Feb 21
Reply by Tom Berghan

APPOMATTOX IN SEPTEMBER

Mark Weems told me today about the Appomattox gathering in September. I am SOOOO excited! I didn't ask him for more information... I am sav…

Started by Jacalyn Thomas

0 Feb 20

Site format

For the past half-week, I get a list of forums but cannot find a way to list the latest activity unless I go within each separate forum.  H…

Started by Al Smitley

2 Feb 20
Reply by Al Smitley

Parallel between pitch & color

I heard an interesting discussion on NPR the other day.  There was a study that found that we tend to associate lower-pitch notes with dark…

Started by Al Smitley

1 Feb 18
Reply by Timothy Twiss

Thimble Musings

Recently, I have been trying all kinds of new things, especially since I got my Fretted Minstrel. But, to back the truck up a bit, I am rev…

Started by Timothy Twiss

20 Feb 17
Reply by Strumelia

I have a question about color on a Bell Boucheri

Would it be ok to just use a natural clear finish on the maple ? I really like the light wood with the dark accents with the tail piece and…

Started by Ronald Hanes

4 Feb 16
Reply by Ronald Hanes

Southern soldier notation?

Hello everyone , I wanted to know if a partition of "southern soldier" was published for the Minstrel Banjo?

Started by anthony Derycke

0 Feb 13

La Patrie Guitar, model "Motif"

Any one here have experience with these? I have not actually seen one yet in the flesh yet, but they are a "parlor guitar" loosely based on…

Started by Tom Berghan

0 Feb 11

Which are the Easiest Tunes in Briggs?

Hi All, I am new new to minstrel banjo, having gotten having gotten a Bell Boucher Banjo, and Wiedlichs version of Briggs book a few weeks…

Started by Richard Taglieri

4 Feb 4
Reply by Richard Taglieri

Hybrid Technique

I find that Stroke and Fingerstyle often work interchangeably, and can even be used in the same tune. Does anybody else have a similar expe…

Started by Timothy Twiss

1 Feb 1
Reply by Sonny Bryan

RSS

© 2017   Created by John Masciale.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service