Minstrel Banjo

For enthusiasts of early banjo

Uncategorized (1,674)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Ashborn style banjo build

I've built a rim with a wood flange for tension hooks along the lines of James Ashborn designs.  It's loosely based on Frank Ford's photos…

Started by Jon Whitney

0 Sep 13

Medleys

Hey all, I don't play the minstrel banjo as often as I do other styles, but I've been in a "minstrel" kind of mood lately. I find that a lo…

Started by david caron

1 Sep 13
Reply by Jon Whitney

Early Banjo Notation: A re-post over on the Hangout

A common stumbling block in playing old banjo music ( from the mid 19th Century ) is reading notation. TAB is the accepted norm for hobbyis…

Started by Timothy Twiss

2 Sep 9
Reply by Timothy Twiss

Banjo Roots and Branches by Robert Winans

Got my copy in last night. Basically just read the introduction before turning in for the night. Looks like this is going to be a good read…

Started by Trapdoor2

1 Aug 30
Reply by Rob Mohr

Pateroller...

Does anyone have the music/tabs for Pateroller? 

Started by Roberta Perkins

4 Aug 25
Reply by Roberta Perkins

Reduced Rate for those Wanting a Hotel for the 2018 Appomattox Court House Sweeney Convergence

Friends, if any of you are planning on coming to Appomattox Court House NHP for our annual Sweeney Convergence, there are a number of rooms…

Started by D. Wooldridge

8 Aug 14
Reply by Rob Mohr

Tutors, TABS, and Tunes

I have the website in pretty good working condition with a lot of stuff that may be useful to the community. Drop by for a visit. Open for…

Started by Timothy Twiss

0 Aug 13

Banjo Gathering, Nov. 1-4, 2018, Bristol, VA

Hello everyone,  We hope to see you in Bristol: https://www.birthplaceofcountrymusic.org/the-banjo-gathering-exploring-banjo-history-and-th

Started by Greg Adams

0 Aug 8

Briggs' to A/E notation

So, almost done. Pay a visit to https://storage.googleapis.com/wzukusers/user-30315204/documents/5b51d4e183f02UOgNmMK/A.%20Briggs%20Notatio

Started by Timothy Twiss

20 Aug 4
Reply by Trapdoor2

Drifter passing through town

Hi Folks. It has been a good few years since I last visited here, having sold all my banjos and moved on. Well, in a fit of nostalgia I pic…

Started by Rob MacKillop

7 Jul 29
Reply by Rob MacKillop

RSS

© 2018   Created by John Masciale.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service