Minstrel Banjo

For enthusiasts of early banjo

Uncategorized (1,622)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

De Ole Jaw Bone - need the piano sheet music

Hi Friends, I would like a copy of the piano sheet music for the song "De Ole Jaw Bone."  This is the cover - I need the rest of the pages.…

Started by Tom Berghan

21 Dec 21, 2017
Reply by Tom Berghan

Young Collins and Morris Dance Tunes

Have any Morris Dance tunes made their way into minstrel era tunes? They are old and english so I figure it's prime for the pickin. I recen…

Started by Chris Prieto

5 Dec 17, 2017
Reply by Strumelia

Terry Bell

Does anybody know how to get in touch with Terry Bell? I have tried calling him and e-mailing him and cannot reach him.

Started by Mark Bransford

7 Dec 3, 2017
Reply by Mark Bransford

Live Performance - My band Juba

link: Juba Live at The Match Coffee and Wine Bar, Nov 25

Started by Tom Berghan

0 Nov 28, 2017

DOES ANYBODY KNOW KATE KWAME?

I received an email informing me that Kate Kwame had left a comment on my profile page. I can't find anything from her and she does not app…

Started by IAN SALTER

4 Nov 20, 2017
Reply by IAN SALTER

Gig Bag or Decent Case for Bell Boucher

Hi All: I see the last time this was discussed was over 5 years ago, so I apologize if it is old news. I tried all my existing banjo cases…

Started by Jim Garber

27 Nov 19, 2017
Reply by Jim Garber

Mary Blane

My adaptation of Billy Whitlock’s tender sweet song, Mary Blane. https://www.facebook.com/Tom.Berghan/videos/902225803274924/

Started by Tom Berghan

2 Nov 12, 2017
Reply by Tom Berghan

Joe Ayers Tumblr page

I recall when I first got into this music that Joe Ayers had a tumblr page with a bunch of tunes on it. Its like him and his family or some…

Started by Chris Prieto

2 Nov 10, 2017
Reply by Chris Prieto

Citizen Scientist

Ok.....so I have played a lot of this stuff, all of it on the fretless Minstrel in D/G tuning. I hypothesize that much of the music is NOT…

Started by Timothy Twiss

22 Nov 8, 2017
Reply by A.N. Chase

2018 Banjo Gathering Survey

Dear Friends, We enjoyed an extraordinary 2017 Banjo Gathering this past weekend in Alexandria, Virginia, with a wonderful array of present…

Started by Greg Adams

0 Nov 6, 2017

RSS

© 2018   Created by John Masciale.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service