Minstrel Banjo

For enthusiasts of early banjo

Uncategorized (1,699)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Medleys

Hey all, I don't play the minstrel banjo as often as I do other styles, but I've been in a "minstrel" kind of mood lately. I find that a lo…

Started by david caron

1 Sep 13, 2018
Reply by Jon Whitney

Banjo Roots and Branches by Robert Winans

Got my copy in last night. Basically just read the introduction before turning in for the night. Looks like this is going to be a good read…

Started by Trapdoor2

1 Aug 30, 2018
Reply by Rob Mohr

Pateroller...

Does anyone have the music/tabs for Pateroller? 

Started by Roberta Perkins

4 Aug 25, 2018
Reply by Roberta Perkins

Reduced Rate for those Wanting a Hotel for the 2018 Appomattox Court House Sweeney Convergence

Friends, if any of you are planning on coming to Appomattox Court House NHP for our annual Sweeney Convergence, there are a number of rooms…

Started by D. Wooldridge

8 Aug 14, 2018
Reply by Rob Mohr

Banjo Gathering, Nov. 1-4, 2018, Bristol, VA

Hello everyone,  We hope to see you in Bristol: https://www.birthplaceofcountrymusic.org/the-banjo-gathering-exploring-banjo-history-and-th

Started by Greg Adams

0 Aug 8, 2018

Drifter passing through town

Hi Folks. It has been a good few years since I last visited here, having sold all my banjos and moved on. Well, in a fit of nostalgia I pic…

Started by Rob MacKillop

7 Jul 29, 2018
Reply by Rob MacKillop

How does one keep their instrument in shape during the humid months?!?

I played afore an audience 'tother arternoon.De sun war so hot de banjo could not stay in tune.I tried to sing ob Uncle Ned and den Old Joe…

Started by Matthew Menice

17 Jul 26, 2018
Reply by Tom Berghan

2018 Joel Sweeney & the Banjo Convergence at Appomattox Court House NHP Sep.7-9

Welcome Banjo Friends Old & New! to the finest Early Banjo festival to be held on the stomping grounds of the "Paganini of the Banjo,"…

Started by D. Wooldridge

0 Jul 16, 2018

Reading musical notation for the various Tutor books

I decided to learn musical notation for the banjo so I could study and learn from the period books now available. But WTF, they are all wri…

Started by M'lou Brubaker

37 Jul 15, 2018
Reply by M'lou Brubaker

I this was interesting

https://www.washingtonpost.com/podcasts/retropod/the-oldest-surviving-banjo-recording/

Started by Wes Merchant

3 Jul 14, 2018
Reply by Chris Prieto

RSS

About

John Masciale created this Ning Network.

© 2024   Created by John Masciale.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service