Minstrel Banjo

For enthusiasts of early banjo

Great book, and source of some of the finest music. Here is one tabbed for a test drive. Once I hit a good format, I think I will keep going. This book should be in tab.

Views: 183

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

One thing I do enjoy about Buckley 1868 is the lack of fingerings.

Thanks, Tim, for the clog Hornpipe tab. Tho I can learn from music, tab really cuts down on the learning time. I like this piece - It flows well finger style.

Ever do Bobey Nickle's Jig?  On page 12 Glory Hallelujah is on there, but it is just one short line. The next 2 lines are Hear Him Johnny Hear Him.

Anyway, I am committing to the project. I'll have a full book by AEBG.

They're next up. The book will be great.

Okay, here are a couple more. I'll stay off the grid with it until June. I think a nice bound collection would be great, and include the original score too.  

Attachments:
Where could I find this min original notation?

my website...tutors

www.timtwiss.com

94 tunes in this collection. Whew....taking a while. I'm leaving midi files available too.

So this project is rolling along nicely. All are tabbed, and I am in the painful process of editing. Checking, double checking......the midi is a great tool also. Playing, looking...and repeat.)

I am also leaving it unfingered ( there is little in there anyway ) BUT including overall interpretive tips and examples. I am fingering and discussing several pieces in an appendix.

It will be available as an online download and a hard copy. Of course, the CD's are available.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

About

John Masciale created this Ning Network.

© 2024   Created by John Masciale.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service