Minstrel Banjo

For enthusiasts of early banjo

Paul Ely Smith's Discussions (89)

Discussions Replied To (88) Replies Latest Activity

"@Wes... Like you I also play fiddle, and I know what you mean about the wrist and ar…"

Paul Ely Smith replied Apr 20, 2015 to Shedding light on the beginnings of fingerstyle banjo and other topics

91 Jun 14, 2015
Reply by Tim Twiss

"Because it uses larger muscle groups, stroke style is louder than guitar style, and…"

Paul Ely Smith replied Apr 18, 2015 to Shedding light on the beginnings of fingerstyle banjo and other topics

91 Jun 14, 2015
Reply by Tim Twiss

"This will be a fringe opinion, I'm sure, but we have no real evidence that up-pickin…"

Paul Ely Smith replied Apr 14, 2015 to Shedding light on the beginnings of fingerstyle banjo and other topics

91 Jun 14, 2015
Reply by Tim Twiss

"I don't know when I started doing that, but it tells you that the capital lettered n…"

Paul Ely Smith replied Aug 20, 2014 to Eric Prust banjo Maybe for sale!!

6 Aug 20, 2014
Reply by Paul Ely Smith

"There are several tuning options.  To some extent, it depends on how long your scale…"

6 Aug 20, 2014
Reply by Paul Ely Smith

"There are all sorts of resources (video and otherwise) here, and lots of enthusiasti…"

6 Aug 20, 2014
Reply by Paul Ely Smith

"It was me.  If you have two playing strings that you finger with your left hand, the…"

Paul Ely Smith replied Aug 14, 2014 to Repertoire advice? Early banjo pieces that show African influence?

61 Aug 20, 2014
Reply by Tom Meisenheimer

"@John.  That could be, since it also acquired tuning pegs at some point in the proce…"

Paul Ely Smith replied Aug 14, 2014 to Repertoire advice? Early banjo pieces that show African influence?

61 Aug 20, 2014

"@John.  Yeah, with just a couple of strings you put your fingers on, there isn't al…"

61 Aug 20, 2014

"Stroke-style, polyrhythm, skin-headed lutes with fretless fingerboards and short thu…"

61 Aug 20, 2014

RSS

About

John Masciale created this Ning Network.

© 2020   Created by John Masciale.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service