Minstrel Banjo

For enthusiasts of early banjo

I have some fabulous news everybody...the "Green" Converse Book of 1865 is now available on the Banjo Clubhouse site as a free PDF download. The "Yellow" Book will follow this one shortly, as will the 1872 "Banjo and How to Play It". The Green one has been elusive recently, as Tuckahoe has run out and not likely to replenish. Have a great time in there!!

Views: 80

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Please thank one Mr. Chuck Krepley for making this one possible. Clean ownership of an original copy...as are all the books in the Banjo Clubhouse. It's such a key book for what we are studying and playing.....so many good tunes in it.
Hey, it just keeps getting better. The "Little Yellow" Converse Book of 1865 is now up in the Banjo Clubhouse (see link on toolbar above), courtesy of Mr. Marc Smith (cheer cheer) who has always generously shared his resources. This one is difficult to play, because of the broken up explanations. Perhaps I will get together a clean edit of this one sometime. Fabulous songs, and a "must have" for the repertoire....totally solid Stroke stuff. 

Man! I am soooo glad to see the "greenback" book up and available. Kudos to Chuck! I have been trying to find an original for about 10 yrs...

Re: "Little Yellow" book...I've been working off and on to get a fully tabbed version together. I asked my wife (who could possibly compete for the Guiness typing speed record) to key the text in. She agreed to do it but we just ain't gotten around to it yet.

Thanks for providing the library for us, Tim. It is much appreciated!

I would like to see a "cut and paste" of the actual notation.....
"Thanks" to all involved. To a neophyte like myself, these early primers are a boon.
Of course. Didn't you (or somebody) do that to at least one of the tunes?

Tim Twiss said:
I would like to see a "cut and paste" of the actual notation.....

Yes, I have done it before. It was pretty sloppy, and just good enough to read the tune. It was a literal "cut and paste" with tape and shears.  

Reply to Discussion

RSS

About

John Masciale created this Ning Network.

© 2024   Created by John Masciale.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service