Minstrel Banjo

For enthusiasts of early banjo

I have noticed already in my short time I've been playing in front of actual humans that people just cannot resist the allure of the grapevine twist. They hurry over to the sound like moths to a porch light. But then after a few minutes I'm all out of grapevine twist. I love that tune too and its got a special running quality to it. It appears I have a hook and am short a line and sinker. Wanna keep en there after the twist ends, not that they hurry off and leave when it's over but I really wanna deliver the goods and send them home itchin to figure out what they just heard.

Views: 127

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hmmmmn I see less of an mp3 player firing off tunes more like a DJ haha I've been trying to break into lil groups of songs. Various double plays and what not. I need to find two other songs just as strong and place in middle and towards end.

I have also been going nutty for waltzes but they don't seem to be as well received.

I love your description Chris...really nails the attraction we all feel to the music.

I think I may have said this here before, but I've always felt that "Grapevine Twist" shares some kind of vague kinship with "Cripple Creek" -  at least in general shape. Starts up high but not too notey, with a busy B part that's down lower. Maybe that's part of the appeal. (although I suspect for some folks kinship with Cripple Creek might not be regarded as a positive attribute!)

Reply to Discussion

RSS

About

John Masciale created this Ning Network.

© 2024   Created by John Masciale.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service