Minstrel Banjo

For enthusiasts of early banjo

Richard Katz's Discussions (39)

Discussions Replied To (27) Replies Latest Activity

"Just ordered from your site. Looking forward to this great resource! Thanks Tim."

Richard Katz replied Jul 10, 2015 to Early Banjo Complete

27 Jul 12, 2015
Reply by Tim Twiss

"It appears that their right hands have resting fingers on the heads which would indi…"

Richard Katz replied Jun 11, 2015 to Shedding light on the beginnings of fingerstyle banjo and other topics

91 Jun 14, 2015
Reply by Tim Twiss

"I think there is a confusion between guitar style and thumb lead two finger playing.…"

Richard Katz replied Jun 11, 2015 to Shedding light on the beginnings of fingerstyle banjo and other topics

91 Jun 14, 2015
Reply by Tim Twiss

"Amen Strumelia! Stroke style has been far the most difficult and non-natural feeling…"

Richard Katz replied Jun 9, 2015 to Timeline for Minstrel banjo fingering styles

42 Jun 12, 2015
Reply by Strumelia

"Incredible how a question can create such a varied discussion. What I have gleaned f…"

Richard Katz replied Jun 9, 2015 to Timeline for Minstrel banjo fingering styles

42 Jun 12, 2015
Reply by Strumelia

"Thanks to Rob for sharing some historical content supporting both styles of playing.…"

Richard Katz replied Jun 7, 2015 to Timeline for Minstrel banjo fingering styles

42 Jun 12, 2015
Reply by Strumelia

"Thanks for the information. It does explain, perhaps, why stroke was adopted early o…"

Richard Katz replied Jun 5, 2015 to Timeline for Minstrel banjo fingering styles

42 Jun 12, 2015
Reply by Strumelia

"Hi Al, Thanks so much. Exactly what I was looking for. Much appreciated! Richard"

Richard Katz replied Apr 27, 2015 to Chord chart for Minstrel banjo tuning

7 Apr 21, 2018
Reply by Rob Kunkel

"I have not yet made any decision on style. I am playing both, it is just that I feel…"

Richard Katz replied Apr 21, 2015 to Shedding light on the beginnings of fingerstyle banjo and other topics

91 Jun 14, 2015
Reply by Tim Twiss

"Found this on Rob MacKillop's site: It’s always interesting to see how far back you…"

Richard Katz replied Apr 21, 2015 to Shedding light on the beginnings of fingerstyle banjo and other topics

91 Jun 14, 2015
Reply by Tim Twiss

RSS

About

John Masciale created this Ning Network.

© 2024   Created by John Masciale.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service