Minstrel Banjo

For enthusiasts of early banjo

Im interested on yalls opinions on these two.  I only have the tackheads Ive built. I used poplar for neck, and block rims of pine.

I don't have as much tone and volume as Id like. I listen to Dave Culgan and my banjo doesn't have that same snap.  I realize I cannot play like him,, but it the tone Im talking about.

Does a bracket minsterel banjo just have more snap and volume? , or is my tackhead lack there of, just possibly due to me using a softer wood.  I want to make a cd to sell at folk fest and stuff down here. But Im not sure if I can get the tone I want out of my banjo.  Just wondering if its worth the trouble to build another tackhead with maple or something akin to it.

thanks Steve

Views: 338

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

should have got a JETER gourd when I was trying to sell for 200.00  they aren't fancy lookin, but sound pretty good lol

Haha yeah I been making my own these days too. I'm finishing up my second one, need to carve up a tailpiece and nut. I'm also making a bunch of tater tot banzas for my niece and some other friends kids (ages 2-5) due to me ordering many gourds that were too small. I will post pics once I get em wrapped up.

Steve Jeter said:

should have got a JETER gourd when I was trying to sell for 200.00  they aren't fancy lookin, but sound pretty good lol

It has a nice ring to it..."shoulda gotta JETER"

lol id hit the like button if there was one

dowel holes cut with drill and knife

Id love to see the banzas
Chris Prieto said:

iHaha yeah I been making my own these days too. I'm finishing up my second one, need to carve up a tailpiece and nut. I'm also making a bunch of tater tot banzas for my niece and some other friends kids (ages 2-5) due to me ordering many gourds that were too small. I will post pics once I get em wrapped up.

Steve Jeter said:

Steve Jeter said:

Id love to see the banzas

Yet another choice statement to live by.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

About

John Masciale created this Ning Network.

© 2019   Created by John Masciale.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service