Minstrel Banjo

For enthusiasts of early banjo

My Boucher kit arrived at my office today. I'm itching to take it out and look at everything, but I know I won't get a chance here at work. Right after work, my bluegrass group will be going to play at a local nursing home (we do this at 3 homes, once per month each). So, it'll be 8:30 or 9 tonight before I get to unbox it. I'm excited to get started on the sanding, staining, finishing and assembling! Once I start, I'll be sure to post some pictures of the progress. 

Views: 329

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Very exciting, Vince!   We will all be thrilled to see photos of your progress.   :)

Word has it that i am soon to receive my own Bell minstrel banjo, in the coming week or two.... yet more excitement, more banjo!   :D

Patience is a virtue but very difficult to maintain. Glad to hear yours is soon on the way. Dave

dang man, take it to your car at lunchtime and check it out! I couldn't stand the suspense

Dude.... Everyday is a potential sick day!!! Just tell the boss it Boucher fever.... He'll not have a clue....

As Mr. Johnny Paycheck would say...Take this Job and shove it! That would be my response if was not allowed to take a little time out to check out my...HELLO,.. NEW BANJO!  

This is why banjo players are so often shiftless, unemployed, ne'er-do-well rounders.

Nicholas A Bechtel said:

As Mr. Johnny Paycheck would say...Take this Job and shove it! That would be my response if was not allowed to take a little time out to check out my...HELLO,.. NEW BANJO!  

Y'all are hilarious! I did open one end of the box, remove enough packing to get to the drawstring bag, open it up and sneak a peek, right here in my office. But I couldn't really unpack it, because Terry does an incredible job of cushioning the shipment (many thanks, Terry...I appreciate that!), and I didn't have an empty 5 gallon barrel to put the year or so worth of Michigan newspapers in. It turned out that I couldn't really get to it Monday night, either, because we had to take my mother-in-law to the ER. She's ok now, by the way. We were there until 1:15 a.m. I did get it dis-assembled last night, and I've got my shopping list together for my dyes, etc. I have a band practice (classic rock) tonight, so I'll start sanding in earnest tomorrow night. I'll keep y'all posted!!

Terry Bell spreading the Joy!

You'll have fun putting it together!  A great reward in the end as well!

Matthew, 

Thanks. That's a good looking banjo in your profile pic. Did you put that one together? 

Vince

Hi Vince!

I did indeed put it together, from a Bell kit.  If you check out my photos via my profile, you'll see I posted shots of it as I made it, from sanding to finishing and eventually videos of playing.  I'm resisting getting another from Terry now that he has the Brawley! :)

Reply to Discussion

RSS

About

John Masciale created this Ning Network.

© 2024   Created by John Masciale.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service