Minstrel Banjo

For enthusiasts of early banjo

I want to share this milestone news with you all. I hit the mark, and have recorded all the music (less vocal pieces) in the "Big 5" .....that being:

Brigg's, Rice, Buckley 1860, The Yellow Converse and the Green Converse.

Over 300 songs total on 9 CD's. It is split up into chronological order as such.

Brigg's-2 discs

Rice -1 disc

Buckley-3 discs

Yellow Converse -1 disc

Green Converse-2 discs

I will be bringing these to AEBG to sell at super special pricing. No frills packaging, but good clean music on these CD's. I will sell what I have there for $5.00 each. Hopefully I can pay for my gas.

By the way, these are pretty good recordings. Use them to learn the tunes, meditate by...whatever. I nap to the Buckley stuff all the time. They all have the homogenous sound of a single banjo. I don't believe there has been a complete collection of this before.

I hope you all like it.

tt

Views: 478

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

If it's not too late to sneak in an explicit order, I would like to pick up a complete set. Either way I'll bring some folding money so I can slap cash on the barrelhead for whatever's available.

Okay...I'll pull a set aside.

These rock!

Thanks pal.

tt

Tim Twiss said:

Got your discs all set for safe transport and future enjoyment. They are delicious.

Great, I'll bring some dip!  =8-D

Pre-sales is closed and I'm packing up to go.

See you all there.

tt

I can't wait to dig into these.  I just ripped both Briggs' discs to my computer for easy MP3 access - I submitted the disc and track titles to Gracenote so future importers won't have to retype that info for themselves.  I'll do the same for the other discs as I get to them (Unless somebody beats me to it.)

Tim --

Love your work, especially the guitar. Want to pick up a copy of your Banjo Tutor CD and book but no idea how to contact you. I live in CT, a fur piece from MI. No idea where AEBG is. Will you be going to the Gettysburg Music Muster in August? Any plans on guitar CDs/tutor books?

Thanks,

Lynn Kessler

Andy, I couldn't seem to get the Briggs vol 2 from gracenote- the vol 1 disc was there.  I submitted the info for Tim's 2nd Briggs disc to Gracenote just now.   It's great if folks do this and help each other out!   :)

What a cool thing that you did this....I actually don't even know how to do it, but it is useful. Give me a heads up and I'll also submit some...coordinated of course.

Thanks Lisa!  I wonder what happened to the Disc 2 info.

Tim, I use iTunes, which queries Gracenote when you first put in a CD.  When it doesn't find anything for a disc, it says something along the lines of "Couldn't find anything.  Do you still want to import?"  At which point I click 'No' and manually enter all the track names (and album title/artist/year/other pertinent info.) Then there's a 'Submit CD Track Names' option - its location depends on what version of iTunes you're using, but that *should* send the track info up to Gracenote. 

I'm still just figuring out how to do the track list submitting too, Tim.  If 2 or 3 of us do them as we import into itunes, it'll all be done in a week or so.  I may do another tonight.  Does anyone know if Gracenote has any language filter/redflag in place for the N word, where we'd get banned or something?  I suppose I could just use "N" in the titles that have it... suggestions?  I'd feel kinda silly changing it to 'Feller' in the titles, but maybe I'm off base?  I already submitted one in the Briggs vol2 disc I see, so guess it's too late to change it anyway.  Maybe they have dealt with that issue already with rap albums, lol.

Tim, I like listening to your tutor recordings while I work, particularly because it's pure banjo with no singing which tends to be distracting while I'm working.  Meanwhile, the tunes are getting embedded into my brain, which will be a biiig head start when i try to play any of them!   :) 

I can say that before I went to AEBG, Circus Jig was pretty much beyond my ability.  Now I can play it, slowly.   With practice, lots more will open up for me.   :)

Thank you Lynn. You can go to my website at www.timtwiss.com and there is a Paypal button for it. I'll send it as soon as I see it there. 

tt

Lynn S Kessler said:

Tim --

Love your work, especially the guitar. Want to pick up a copy of your Banjo Tutor CD and book but no idea how to contact you. I live in CT, a fur piece from MI. No idea where AEBG is. Will you be going to the Gettysburg Music Muster in August? Any plans on guitar CDs/tutor books?

Thanks,

Lynn Kessler

Rice 1858 submitted.  I wondered the same thing about song titles, but went ahead and left them as-is; assuming an actual human being reviews them and corroborates multiple submissions, looking at the album year one would hope they'd be able to put them in context.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

About

John Masciale created this Ning Network.

© 2024   Created by John Masciale.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service