Minstrel Banjo

For enthusiasts of early banjo

Has anyone here ever been to Clifftop before?  I am going for my first time and am therefore nervous, but will have Valium.  So, for any who have been there before, is it hot there, or should I bring a sweater?  Do you think humidity levels are suitable for tack-head operations, or should I just bring my Deering?  How is traffic?  Are there any advantages to parking at the "top", at the "bottom"?  I plan on being there as soon as the gates open on Friday 25 July and any advice will certainly be appreciated.

Cheers,

-Scott

Views: 184

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Can be hot and sweaty daytime, cool at night. Can be downpours.  Yes to sweater, raingear, ice chest, towels, washcloths, suncreen and bug spray.   Bring stuff for showering in the bath house.  once your car gets blocked in you cant get out once tents are up all around it- so watch where you park. 

Very useful -Thank you!  I will take your advice on all points.

Clifftop is great. I've been there a number of times. Bring early banjo and modern fretted as you'll find people who play both. I always have. I won't be there this year, but you should definitely go!

Don't forget earplugs...for when you are exhausted and need to sleep but people are partying next to you at 2am...or you got to bed at 3am and little kids are running around the campsites playing tag at 7am...     :)

Lots of first-timer info in this current BHO thread: http://www.banjohangout.org/topic/304276

Get lots of sleep before you go, because there won't be much opportunity once you get there. Have fun!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

About

John Masciale created this Ning Network.

© 2024   Created by John Masciale.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service