Minstrel Banjo

For enthusiasts of early banjo

My life is a mess...sorry ffor the long delay guys.  Here is a bit of an update.

Susan is on top of things here at the museum and can help you with camping, registration and local information on hotels and such. 

At this time we have Carl, Dr. Bob Winans and myself doing presentations.  We have some interesting "show and tell" subjects.  I will bring my workshop and have it in a tent outside for repairs and a repair "worshop" to help all of you with questions and such. 

We will have a concert fo the public at the house and we are also able to take a "field trip" and play in the Dunker Church if you all want!

If you have not yet contactted Susan Rosenvald yet, please do so we can get a count.  I will nto turn away anyone at the door but a count is really helpful. 

Susan's e-mail is pryeducation@civilwarmed.org  you can also call her at 301 695 1864.

Hope to see you all soon!  I can't wait. 

PS.  I will have bridges and some strings.  I  will be teaching thimble making so you can make your own and I will bring the brass and supplies. 

Views: 71

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Thimble making! George there's a new kid in town, he may make some trouble.

And a road gig! This is livin' large, brothers.
George - speaking of banjo repairs, what's the deal with Renny's banjo? Please contact me.
Dave Culgan dmculgan@verizon.net
Disregard . Was having trouble contacting George. Got answer.
Carl Anderton said:
Thimble making! George there's a new kid in town, he may make some trouble.
And a road gig! This is livin' large, brothers.

I'll be there, I could use a good education on how to make them.

Of course, hand cut is no match for machine precision, the only way that one can obtain true and pure tone, scientifically.

BTW, I've got six of the Converse pattern made up from way back when, but I think they are lousy. Same price as the others.
You can all play my new Hartel Boucher when you are there!
Rob MacKillop said:

I hadn't thought of that. Did James say he would be bringing it along? I'll teach it some good Southern cooking... ;-)
Yes, he is planning to bring it along. It's the same as Tim's new one, except it has a skin head and gut strings. James will ship it after the gathering. Be careful with it!
It was going to be a surprise....everyone is going to sign it with colored sharpies.

Rob MacKillop said:
Yes, he is planning to bring it along. It's the same as Tim's new one, except it has a skin head and gut strings. James will ship it after the gathering. Be careful with it!
LOL!
Joel Hooks is going to use it to practice some of his new banjo juggling moves. I'll try and keep him from the liquid refreshments before he does that!

Rob MacKillop said:
Now I'm getting worried!

Actually, it would be nice if you could all sign it on the back of the skin...
Don't forget the other rights of passage for your Minstrel Banjo...such as "how close to the flame before combustion"
This group will "road test" your instrument, be assured.

Rob MacKillop said:
Now I'm getting worried!

Actually, it would be nice if you could all sign it on the back of the skin...

Reply to Discussion

RSS

About

John Masciale created this Ning Network.

© 2024   Created by John Masciale.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service