Minstrel Banjo

For enthusiasts of early banjo

Jared Denhard's Discussions (31)

Discussions Replied To (26) Replies Latest Activity

"I hear you, John. Yes, any "creative reconstruction/reinterpretation" would definite…"

Jared Denhard replied Aug 19, 2014 to Repertoire advice? Early banjo pieces that show African influence?

62 Sep 3, 2022
Reply by Tony Thomas

"Hi Tom- Roustabout certainly has that floating melody over intense rhythm, like the…"

Jared Denhard replied Aug 19, 2014 to Repertoire advice? Early banjo pieces that show African influence?

62 Sep 3, 2022
Reply by Tony Thomas

"Agreed, I only meant in the extant repertoire associated with the instrument, sadly…"

Jared Denhard replied Aug 14, 2014 to Repertoire advice? Early banjo pieces that show African influence?

62 Sep 3, 2022
Reply by Tony Thomas

"I think that is a salient point, that the stroke still survives, as rare as we are,…"

Jared Denhard replied Aug 14, 2014 to Repertoire advice? Early banjo pieces that show African influence?

62 Sep 3, 2022
Reply by Tony Thomas

"Happy ending for the thread?  "

Jared Denhard replied Aug 11, 2014 to Repertoire advice? Early banjo pieces that show African influence?

62 Sep 3, 2022
Reply by Tony Thomas

"Yes, it is a shame that the original style is lost to history, and especially tantal…"

Jared Denhard replied Aug 11, 2014 to Repertoire advice? Early banjo pieces that show African influence?

62 Sep 3, 2022
Reply by Tony Thomas

"Hi Tim and Strumelia--here's a guy who kind of tries to make Pompey "the missing lin…"

Jared Denhard replied Aug 10, 2014 to Repertoire advice? Early banjo pieces that show African influence?

62 Sep 3, 2022
Reply by Tony Thomas

"Wow, great comments-- The habanera rhythm was probably evolving in Argentina (tango)…"

Jared Denhard replied Aug 10, 2014 to Repertoire advice? Early banjo pieces that show African influence?

62 Sep 3, 2022
Reply by Tony Thomas

"cool--will check out!"

Jared Denhard replied Aug 9, 2014 to Repertoire advice? Early banjo pieces that show African influence?

62 Sep 3, 2022
Reply by Tony Thomas

"Thnaks, John- I like playing Injun Rubber and Hobson's Jig together, as they use sim…"

Jared Denhard replied Aug 9, 2014 to Repertoire advice? Early banjo pieces that show African influence?

62 Sep 3, 2022
Reply by Tony Thomas

RSS

About

John Masciale created this Ning Network.

© 2024   Created by John Masciale.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service