Minstrel Banjo

For enthusiasts of early banjo

Uncategorized (1,698)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Carl and Bones

Carl,I really love the clips of you and"Bones"!The jokes are so corny they're grrrreat!!!!!!

Started by Tom Ward

1 Jul 1, 2009
Reply by Carl Anderton

Old Indian Jig...Converse

I promised I'd tab out Converse's "Old Indian Jig" for Huston...here is the TablEdit file. Since my old PC crashed, I'm still trying to get…

Started by Trapdoor2

24 Jul 1, 2009
Reply by Trapdoor2

Fiddle?

Perhaps we should seek out some fiddle players to join our group. It would be most beneficial to hear them play these tunes, and listen to…

Started by Tim Twiss

37 Jun 18, 2009
Reply by NIta M. Kinney

A view of music and musicians in the South.

Okay, give this a long rope. It is an exerpt from the book "This Was Andersonville" by John McElroy of 16th Illinois Cavalry written shortl…

Started by Tim Twiss

2 Jun 9, 2009
Reply by Dan'l

George Wunderlich to be honored with ALTA AWARD for Wunder Banjos!

Hello everyone, I wanted to let you know that George Wunderlich is being honored by the Maryland State Arts Council for his work in mainta…

Started by Greg Adams

3 Jun 5, 2009
Reply by Dan'l

Briggs' Reel

Anyone have a recording or video of Briggs' Reel uploaded anywhere? Trying to see if my timing is right.

Started by RaiseTheHatchet

3 Jun 2, 2009
Reply by RaiseTheHatchet

Teachers?

Looking for help finding someone who teaches minstrel-style playing in the Northern Virginia area. Thanks!

Started by Mark Green

0 Jun 1, 2009

Video Uploads

Yes Tim,my videos are uploaded from my computer and my microphone is not the best in th world!I've been trying to figure out the best place…

Started by Tom Ward

1 Jun 1, 2009
Reply by John Masciale

Ole pee Dee

Tim,I loved hearing you play"Ole Pee Dee"!That sounds like one I'm gonna have to learn!

Started by Tom Ward

2 May 29, 2009
Reply by John Masciale

"Ole Pee Dee"

Does any body use this in their performance? Or, has anybody played it? If we revive the "Friday Post" I would like to hear some versions o…

Started by Tim Twiss

13 May 27, 2009
Reply by Tim Twiss

RSS

About

John Masciale created this Ning Network.

© 2024   Created by John Masciale.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service