Minstrel Banjo

For enthusiasts of early banjo

Uncategorized (1,698)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

American Banjo Museum Grand Opening-Sept. 10th-13th

Save the date! September 10th-13th-Grand Opening of the American Banjo Museum Hello list members, I wanted to let you know about the gala…

Started by douglas back

7 Aug 8, 2009
Reply by douglas back

George W. gone missing?

Hello Everyone, I've been trying to contact George W. regarding a repair to the Boucher he made for me a few years ago, but so far, no luc…

Started by John Flynn

2 Aug 4, 2009
Reply by Dan'l

"Banjo Melody."

Here's an interesting find from the LOC American Memory. Part of a "quadrille" collection of piano music, from 1852, a piece called "Banjo…

Started by Carl Anderton

9 Aug 3, 2009
Reply by Rob MacKillop

"Down Below"

Is this song/tune familiar? In any of the tutors? I picked up sheet music at the Big Flea, yesterday. It was published in Baltimore (Bentee…

Started by razyn

0 Aug 2, 2009

Jawbone Solo?

I know banjo is the topic here, but that jawbone is a really interesting (wierd) accompaniment instrument. I could see but couldn't hear Ti…

Started by Steven Hedgpeth

0 Jul 31, 2009

Banjo Strings

While I'm in a bungling mode, I have a question about banjo strings. I have read that gut strings, tho more appropriate, aren't as loud as…

Started by Ron Stanfield

2 Jul 31, 2009
Reply by Ron Stanfield

Early American Church Music

Our church is celebrating it's 175th this year. What music for the church (this is a Baptist church) might have been written about this tim…

Started by Tim Twiss

10 Jul 31, 2009
Reply by Tim Twiss

"The source is the source, of course of course...."

One of my favorite topics...source material. I found this one, which I believe to be the inspiration for Briggs' "Ethiopian Cracovienne". I…

Started by Tim Twiss

5 Jul 30, 2009
Reply by Rob MacKillop

Buckley's New Banjo Method

Can anyone send me a photocopy or pdf of this method? Or is it published in facsimile? Rob

Started by Rob MacKillop

5 Jul 30, 2009
Reply by Rob MacKillop

You Tube Video Downloading

I'm in process of learning the finer points of minstrel banjo. However, I am unble to find software that will let me do so. I'm working wit…

Started by Ron Stanfield

7 Jul 30, 2009
Reply by Ron Stanfield

RSS

About

John Masciale created this Ning Network.

© 2024   Created by John Masciale.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service