Minstrel Banjo

For enthusiasts of early banjo

Uncategorized (1,698)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Nut and Bridge Height

Hello: I've spent the past few weeks building my first minstrel banjo and I'm now ready to make a bridge, file down the nut, and put on the…

Started by Jeff Kangas

2 Sep 2, 2009
Reply by Jim Moffet

Stroke Style banjo sighting on TV...

In a bow to popular forum fodder... I was watching "Civil War Terror" on the History channel last night. In one sequence they depicted a m…

Started by Trapdoor2

2 Aug 25, 2009
Reply by Trapdoor2

More of that Buckin' Rice stuff

I am posting a lot of Rice stuff lately, mostly material I skipped over and never played. Tonight's stop brought me to "Hannah, Hannah, whe…

Started by Tim Twiss

5 Aug 23, 2009
Reply by Trapdoor2

Marc's "Come Shine Out Peggy" arrangements...

Ok, I had an hour (or two) to sit down and see what I could come up with. The attached pdf is three seperate arrangements. First is the ori…

Started by Trapdoor2

4 Aug 23, 2009
Reply by Trapdoor2

Getting to know the tune

I was playing in the Briggs' book this morning, looking at "Zip Coon"...never really did it before. Then I got to looking at ""Going Ober D…

Started by Tim Twiss

17 Aug 20, 2009
Reply by Tim Twiss

Different strokes for different folks

From what I have observed from various stroke publications, similar figures appear in a variety of right-hand fingerings. For example, ---…

Started by Rob MacKillop

2 Aug 20, 2009
Reply by Trapdoor2

Gourd banjo question

Got my Calkins gourd banjo today, and love it. Seems very well-made, with good-quality parts, and despite the nylon strings (they should ma…

Started by Rob MacKillop

3 Aug 20, 2009
Reply by Rob MacKillop

Video production

I've done some WAV editing for CDs and all. Once I get the minstrel stroke methods to a reasonable expertise I may want to consider uploadi…

Started by Ron Stanfield

3 Aug 15, 2009
Reply by Rob MacKillop

Blogs

It might have escaped your notice, but John has added a Blog tab just to the right of the Banjo Clubhouse link. This means you can add your…

Started by Rob MacKillop

1 Aug 14, 2009
Reply by Rob MacKillop

"Thalberg on the Banjo."

(From the "Courier des Etate Unis.") "Thalberg, returned to New York from his triumphant tour in the interior, is reposing gracefully and…

Started by Carl Anderton

3 Aug 12, 2009
Reply by Rob MacKillop

RSS

About

John Masciale created this Ning Network.

© 2024   Created by John Masciale.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service