Minstrel Banjo

For enthusiasts of early banjo

Uncategorized (1,698)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

New Bean seeking Direction

I placed an order fer a tackhead banjo what should be ready around Halloween. I hope this is auspicious timing. I would like to learn to p…

Started by Thomas Craven

6 Oct 15, 2009
Reply by Thomas Craven

String length question for makers

You guys' banjos look great to me, and I want one like that. I really liked the look of that Boucher banjo on eBay and decided to ask a fri…

Started by Steven Hedgpeth

3 Oct 13, 2009
Reply by Brian Welch

F C WILKES cir.1900's :Query

<<<< Im on a mission to find what i can about this banjo (F.C.WILKES aprox 1900's, tunneled 5 and half, with basic inlay) been…

Started by Dave Curtis

1 Oct 11, 2009
Reply by Dave Curtis

Buckley 1868.

I just posted a few more tunes from Buckley's Banjo Guide of 1868. The 2 I just put up are "Jim Lee's Jig" and "Don't You Hear De Bulgine".…

Started by Tim Twiss

0 Oct 9, 2009

1872-Overlooked

PART ONE (I believe there is limited text here) -"The Banjo And How To Play It" by Frank Converse is an often overlooked book. Although it…

Started by Tim Twiss

10 Sep 26, 2009
Reply by Ron Stanfield

early black banjo piece

Hi All, I had posted this on the old site and recently discovered that someone on Banjo Hangout referenced it. Just in case anyone comes…

Started by Jim Dalton

17 Sep 23, 2009
Reply by Jim Mize

2009 Banjo Gathering?

A quick question by a newbie. What inspired me to take up the Banjo was seeing quite a few of this forum's members at the Pry House a few y…

Started by Erick G

8 Sep 23, 2009
Reply by Trapdoor2

Huddle workspaces

I've added a new Ning application - Huddle workspaces. According to Ning, this should allow us to create and upload files. Let's see what w…

Started by John Masciale

6 Sep 16, 2009
Reply by John Masciale

Minstrel in the North East

Well folks, I thought it would be nice if I could find some minstrel gathering information for the North Eastern states. I am located in Da…

Started by Brian Glass

5 Sep 16, 2009
Reply by Derek R. Polzer

Tune of the Week again

It's been a while. Perhaps we can revive the "Tune of the Week" again? Post it one week from tomorrow. I propose "Kitty O'Niel's Champion J…

Started by Tim Twiss

15 Sep 14, 2009
Reply by Tim Twiss

RSS

About

John Masciale created this Ning Network.

© 2024   Created by John Masciale.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service