Minstrel Banjo

For enthusiasts of early banjo

Uncategorized (1,698)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Harper's Ferry Dance (12/5/09: 3-5pm)

For anyone who's going to be around Harper's Ferry, WV this coming weekend, Chuck Krepley and I will be sitting in with some friends to pla…

Started by Greg Adams

0 Nov 30, 2009

banjo publications from Chaff to the Winner

Have I missed anything? Banjo Books in order of printing 1848/1851 The Complete Preceptor for the Banjo – Gumbo Chaff [Elias Howe] 1855 B…

Started by Rob MacKillop

18 Nov 29, 2009
Reply by Rob MacKillop

We could change everything....

All we need to do is create a cheap line of imported Minstrel Banjos. Spare nothing in creating this quality product....use the finest plas…

Started by Tim Twiss

4 Nov 25, 2009
Reply by Carl Anderton

Minstrel Hymns and Gospel songs

Howdy, I am new here. I am new here I see somebody(somehow through the magic of Technology) added a pic of the minstrel banjo I made. Thoug…

Started by Weiss5

12 Nov 25, 2009
Reply by halisha thomas howell

String recomendations?

I have just finished my gourd banjo and was wondering what strings people are using. What do you think of the Aquila Minstrels?

Started by Weiss5

3 Nov 25, 2009
Reply by halisha thomas howell

Expanding The Repertiore

As the early banjo repertoire started from somewhere, we can look back into the same sources and continue the work. Polkas were quite popul…

Started by Tim Twiss

1 Nov 20, 2009
Reply by Ian Bell

Polk Miller: An Unlikely African-American Music Historian

A fantastic article! I've loved these recordings for a while and was happy to see NPR covering them! I hope you all enjoy this read... htt…

Started by John Campopiano

1 Nov 18, 2009
Reply by John Masciale

Uncle Dave Macon

I've stumbled into the early banjo woods recently so forgive me if this question is too obvious. I just watched that dandy clip of Clarke B…

Started by Ian Bell

10 Nov 17, 2009
Reply by Ian Bell

Frank Converse

F.B. Converse more than almost anybody else, witnessed a huge cycle in the evolution of the banjo and contributed a vast amount of material…

Started by Tim Twiss

1 Nov 17, 2009
Reply by Tim Twiss

Where to begin with instruction?

Could you all recommend where to start to get the feel of this type of banjo playing. I have only played the old "bumm-ditty" . DO you guys…

Started by Weiss5

4 Nov 13, 2009
Reply by Weiss5

RSS

About

John Masciale created this Ning Network.

© 2024   Created by John Masciale.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service