Minstrel Banjo

For enthusiasts of early banjo

Uncategorized (1,698)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Alta California Newspaper

There is a website called California Digital Newspaper Collection. It includes the Alta California Newspaper from 1841 to 1911. I typed in…

Started by Chris Ownby

0 Mar 22, 2009

New (old) Banjo Music

I posted 8 songs I composed while at my Artist-In-Residence Program in the Porcupine Mountains of Northern Michigan. I stayed in a rustic c…

Started by Tim Twiss

1 Mar 20, 2009
Reply by John Masciale

Musical Learning in the 19th Century (subtitle: How can we develop an approach and its application to the early banjo??)

Hello, I have so many irons-in-the-fire as of late that I haven't even picked up my banjo in a couple weeks (grrr). Yet, I finally made ti…

Started by Greg Adams

3 Mar 18, 2009
Reply by Dan'l

The Birth of the Banjo Tutor

As far as I've heard, the earliest banjo tutor is Gumbo Chaff's, and specifically the 1848 edition referred to by Gura and Bollman in Ameri…

Started by razyn

7 Mar 9, 2009
Reply by Trapdoor2

Hi Guys, Just passing by again

Glad to see this site thriving like I knew it could. I still pass by every now and then, watch the videos and read the forum posts, althoug…

Started by Rob MacKillop

4 Mar 4, 2009
Reply by Rob MacKillop

Yale Course online: Civil War to Reconstruction

Don't know if people would be interested in this, but here is something I started listening to today: http://academicearth.org/courses/the-

Started by Greg Adams

1 Feb 28, 2009
Reply by Dan'l

New member and New website: WinansBanjo

Just wanted to let you all know that I have finally become a member of this group and to call your attention to the website that recently c…

Started by Bob Winans

8 Feb 25, 2009
Reply by Tim Twiss

Jine The Cavalry...

Hi gang, Well, I had an excellent time doing the "Banjo History" gig for Banjo Newsletter's workshops up at "SPBGMA" (Society for the Pres…

Started by Trapdoor2

6 Feb 24, 2009
Reply by Trapdoor2

Bring this to your next early banjo event

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=120380070300#ebayphotohosting

Started by Greg Adams

2 Feb 23, 2009
Reply by Carl Anderton

Confederate Banjo

Folks- What do you think about this banjo? Does it look right? Can you date it? What do you think it'll go for? I'm going down Saturday to…

Started by Cousin Lucius

5 Feb 23, 2009
Reply by Cousin Lucius

RSS

About

John Masciale created this Ning Network.

© 2024   Created by John Masciale.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service