Minstrel Banjo

For enthusiasts of early banjo

Uncategorized (1,698)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

This amazes me

Now that I have a reasonable replica of a back in the day banjo . . . they are not that loud. Hollywood strikes again? Tibilt

Started by Thomas Craven

4 Nov 12, 2009
Reply by Joel Hooks

Clarke Buehling Tackhead Banjo for Sale

For Sale: http://menziesinstruments.com/content/clarke-buehling-boucher-tackhead-banjo

Started by Jeff Menzies

1 Nov 8, 2009
Reply by Carl Anderton

Tuning my new Tackhead

Is there a site that has a by ear tuning for low bass tuning? According to my Dr. Horsehair manual that would be 2 1/2 steps down from G tu…

Started by Thomas Craven

7 Oct 31, 2009
Reply by Thomas Craven

A place where scholarship and personal, experiential musical instinct successfully intersect?

Hello everyone, For those of you with access to Jstor who enjoy "geeking-out" with 19th century popular music the way that I do, please fi…

Started by Greg Adams

7 Oct 30, 2009
Reply by Greg Adams

Boucher pronunciation.

You say Bow-sher, I say Boo-Shay...it seems that some people say "Butcher"...guess we'll never straighten it out. http://en.wikipedia.org/

Started by Carl Anderton

6 Oct 27, 2009
Reply by Joel Hooks

boucher pronunciation

I still pronounce it "bow cher" that just sounds right to me!thats how im gonna say it.bow-cher.............bow-cher......thats it bow-cher…

Started by Tom Ward

0 Oct 26, 2009

Who's dat knockin' at de door?

I wuz surfing round lookin' fo de lyrics and discovered some rather rybald lyrics for said song. Apparently it was a Betty Boop song, but w…

Started by Thomas Craven

4 Oct 25, 2009
Reply by Joel Hooks

John Brown's raid

Happened to see in the Washington Post that tomorrow is the 150th anniversary of John Brown's raid on Harper's Ferry (Oct. 16, 1859). Since…

Started by razyn

6 Oct 17, 2009
Reply by razyn

Converse Green Book - where is it?

Can anyone tell me where they got theirs? I'd like to buy my own copy. Elderly don't stock it. It's the 'Banjo WITH or Without a Master',…

Started by Rob MacKillop

7 Oct 16, 2009
Reply by Rob MacKillop

John Brown

John Brown?No!Not gonna honor or memorialize him!He WAS a terroist.To advocate to free the slaves was one thing.To murder innocent people i…

Started by Tom Ward

0 Oct 15, 2009

RSS

About

John Masciale created this Ning Network.

© 2024   Created by John Masciale.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service