Minstrel Banjo

For enthusiasts of early banjo

Tune of the week (17)

Featured Discussions

1851 Gumbo Chaff tutor.

I had a nice chat with Tim Twiss today; we want to explore new ideas with the Friday Night Post series of comparing and sharing arrangement…

Started by Carl AndertonLatest Reply

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

De Old Jaw Bone

How about this one for the Tune Of The Week? People can sing it, or do it as an instrumental. There has never been a definitive version don…

Started by Tim Twiss

11 May 8, 2017
Reply by anthony Derycke

Beginner Tune of the Month - Old Joe (May 2016)

Old Joe, a banjo tune from Thomas Briggs' banjo tutor book of 1855. Here played in minstrel 'high bass tuning' in the key of D...tune you…

Started by Strumelia

7 Sep 20, 2016
Reply by Banjo Hound

Tune of the week(s) The Rattlesnake jig(s)

I was away for most of April and May with no banjo or internet connection. But it gave me a chance to play around with some of the tutors a…

Started by Scott Johnson

3 Jun 27, 2016
Reply by Strumelia

Beginner Tune of the Month: Calabash Dance

With Tim's blessing, I thought that in addition to whatever regular TuneoftheWeek tunes there might be going on, I'd call an occasional "Tu…

Started by Strumelia

21 Mar 16, 2016
Reply by Paul Draper

1851 Gumbo Chaff tutor.

I had a nice chat with Tim Twiss today; we want to explore new ideas with the Friday Night Post series of comparing and sharing arrangement…

Started by Carl Anderton

19 Feb 1, 2014
Reply by Tim Twiss

Tune of the Week 5/13/13 - MoneyMusk

Here are 4 versions of this popular classic.

Started by Tim Twiss

14 May 17, 2013
Reply by Valerie Diaz Leroy

Tune of the Week 3-29-13

I'm glad some people jumped onto this idea. I'm inspired to post another one, staying on the tangent of solid banjo material that is overlo…

Started by Tim Twiss

30 May 10, 2013
Reply by Tim Twiss

Tune of the Week 3-15-13

Well, we got the ball rolling quickly last week with "Spot Waltz". This week, another Winner's tune...Short Stop Jig. Mybe somebody would l…

Started by Tim Twiss

11 Mar 28, 2013
Reply by Tim Twiss

Spot Waltz 3-8-13

Let's get off the beaten path of the tutors, and go to taht overlooked banjo stepchild...WINNER'S. This is from the New Amercian School Boo…

Started by Tim Twiss

10 Mar 28, 2013
Reply by Jon

Tune of the Week

I'm going to start an informal "Tune of the Week" thing. I'll play a new tune, post tab and notation. It hoepfully will grow and change, an…

Started by Tim Twiss

4 Mar 8, 2013
Reply by Nicholas A Bechtel

RSS

About

John Masciale created this Ning Network.

© 2024   Created by John Masciale.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service